Bloomberg pays fines for 32000 felons so they can vote

Obviously there isn’t a written agreement stating that once your fine is paid you are now obligated to vote for joe Biden - that would be clear and brazen and Michael Bloomberg isn’t an idiot

The gray area in which we appear to
Disagree on is if this was intended to Influence the actions of the receiver (which by definition is bribery) or simply a good deed to correct an injustice as it appears to be you’re arguing
No, I'm arguing the convict who has had his fine paid is 100% free to decide on his own whether or not it was intended to influence him or if it was just charitable, and then that person is also 100% free to decide whether or not to take any particular action based on that, including deciding it was a cynically political move and voting for Trump in response or stay home or fuck off to Mexico--exactly the same options as if they had not had the fine to pay before voting in the first place, and that's the point.

Tell ya what, get rid of PACS, get rid of Citizens United, get rid of gerrymandering, and then come and talk to me about how serious what Bloomberg did is.

No, I'm arguing the convict who has had his fine paid is 100% free to decide on his own whether or not it was intended to influence him or if it was just charitable, and then that person is also 100% free to decide whether or not to take any particular action based on that, including deciding it was a cynically political move and voting for Trump in response or stay home or fuck off to Mexico--exactly the same options as if they had not had the fine to pay before voting in the first place, and that's the point.

Tell ya what, get rid of PACS, get rid of Citizens United, get rid of gerrymandering, and then come and talk to me about how serious what Bloomberg did is.

But bribery laws look into the INTENT to influence of issuer - obviously the voter has no obligation and say fuck you and go vote for trump

What’s the intent here ? How did it go down?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...a-bc45-e5d48ab44b9f_story.html?outputType=amp

they have their FINES paid on their behalf

How often do you think bribes are paid directly to someone in form of check or money order ?

Yeah, now they can go down to City Hall and register to vote. Wow. It's almost like winning a caddy from Oprah.

Sorry someone found a way around a Jim Crow-era poll tax. I understand why that really burns guys like you and Matt Gaetz.

Yeah, now they can go down to City Hall and register to vote. Wow. It's almost like winning a caddy from Oprah.

Sorry someone found a way around a Jim Crow-era poll tax. I understand why that really burns guys like you and Matt Gaetz.

ya, because penalties imposed by judges onto Felons that are often restitution for theft from public funds are really the same thing as Poll taxes

But bribery laws look into the INTENT to influence of issuer - obviously the voter has no obligation and say fuck you and go vote for trump

What’s the intent here ? How did it go down?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bloomberg-money-florida-biden/2020/09/12/af51bb50-f511-11ea-bc45-e5d48ab44b9f_story.html?outputType=amp
When intent to influence comes down to "Please?" So all political campaigns are attempted bribery of the voters? Cool. I will watch for your petition to ban them.

ya, because penalties imposed by judges onto Felons that are often restitution for theft from public funds are really the same thing as Poll taxes
You're the one talking about intent. Are you unable to consider the intent of the people enacting that legislation. You have far less evidence of intent in Bloomberg's case than there is that Desantis did this for racist and partisan political reasons.

Listen to yourself FFS. Try to be consistent for 2 posts in a row, please.

You're the one talking about intent. Are you unable to consider the intent of the people enacting that legislation. You have far less evidence of intent in Bloomberg's case than there is that Desantis did this for racist and partisan political reasons.

again, the law was passed the Florida house and senate prior to being executed by di santis and received support from senate democrats

it’s not ONLY about fines - it’s about someone having to finish ALL terms and conditions of their sentence

Bloomberg and co couldn’t force people into drug rehab or what not so they combated the Only issue that could resolve

Crap.... they actually buy votes. Dead votes, more votes than registered voters, fraudulent mail in votes, illegal alien votes, and now bought felon votes.

The Democratic Party is just a giant pile of shit.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about but none of it obviates the basic logic that follows from the facts. I repeat, the only people benefiting are the convicts themselves so Bloomberg did nothing improper.
Hilarious politicized denial. I hope Biden wins, but I’m not a fan of either party’s tactics or your bullshit.

Last edited:

Tying the monetary restitution - which is fully legitimate - to the ability to register to vote is what makes it a "poll tax".

These issues are way over your head. That's been proven beyond doubt. You should probably sit this thread out, bro.

Tying the monetary restitution - which is fully legitimate - to the ability to register to vote is what makes it a "poll tax".

These issues are way over your head. That's been proven beyond doubt. You should probably sit this thread out, bro.

The monetary restitution is part of a sentence issued by a judge as a punitive measure And the judge can ask as they see fit

do you have any idea in which cases these are generally issued ?

got forbid the felon who defrauded the government or banks is asked to pay back what they stole prior to having their full sentence to be considered fulfilled

Lastly, the Florida Supreme Court already heard the case and decided that it’s legitimate and and enforceable so quite frankly your opinion means shit

Really goes to show you the values of the American left.

It's the company you keep.

after a ton of back and forth this pretty much a short and sweet summary

Criminals are now an essential democratic voting base and Dems will go as low as to claim Jim crowsque laws are being created to suppress their vote

Listen to yourself FFS. Try to be consistent for 2 posts in a row, please.

last question, and a honest one

if you think Bloomberg really cared about righting and unjust decision by the Florida Supreme Court, why didn’t he pay for the legal fees to have this challenged in the Supreme Court ?

why target only black and Latino felons and their fines ? Why doesn’t he set up a fund to help all felons come into compliance by providing guidance and mentorship?

The only thing mr stop and frisk Bloomberg cares is his simply stated goal : maximizing his 100 million dollar investment in joe Biden

If I was a felon I wouldn't be crying about voting rights. I would either be smoking meth and robbing bitches, or I'd be thanking my lucky stars that I made it out of that stupid life alive and well.

This is honestly a subversion if democracy. It’s ugly. The fact that he didn’t include white felons us also fkn pathetic and ugly.

This is honestly a subversion if democracy. It’s ugly. The fact that he didn’t include white felons us also fkn pathetic and ugly.

he should just go to the polling booths with joe Biden hats on and pass out $100s

leftists : it’s just a gift ! Economic stimulus ! He’s a really nice guy and knows people are in need ! He has no way of knowing who they will really vote for anyway so it’s not a bribe !

Back