Bloomberg pays fines for 32000 felons so they can vote

Good. I've always thought it was bullshit that your right to vote is taken away just because of a conviction. I understand the reasoning, I've just always disagreed with it.

Great move, the last ditch effort to disenfranchise these people was always a little shady. It’s a win win, the state gets its fees paid off, these people get to vote.

I wonder who they’re going to vote for ? Interesting timing to take on this cause don’t you think?

this is pretty much a bribe

Seems like voter suppression by the government more than anything.
Prison isn’t supposed to be nice you know. It’s a place where you have less rights than the place you came from. That’s the entire purpose of justice lmao. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have same rights in prison as outside

Reactions: Ruv
LOL @ thinking felons should be able to vote. You fucking clowns.....they forfeited that right when they decided to fuck society.

they are basically buying their votes by giving them money (paying their fines for them)

Yet idiots think this is about voter suppression and felons voting rights

Questionable timing and location for Bloomberg to take on this issue all of them sudden don’t you think?

I wonder who they’re going to vote for ? Interesting timing to take on this cause don’t you think?

this is pretty much a bribe

They are free to vote for anyone they’d like. The state blocked these people from registering to vote a couple months before an election on the grounds that their debt wasn’t yet paid. Their debts are paid, the state’s complaint is resolved, now more people get to vote. What’s the complaint here, that the afraid the outcome of the state election might have been changed by disenfranchising these people? Isn’t that an argument that this solves a political problem?

Prison isn’t supposed to be nice you know. It’s a place where you have less rights than the place you came from. That’s the entire purpose of justice lmao. Kinda defeats the purpose if you have same rights in prison as outside
Not saying it is supposed to be. But seems like a lot of these people are out now and have to pay a Fine before they can vote. You would think they would tie it do something other than voting. When you get a license, passport, something else.

So the people of Florida overwhelmingly voted to restore voting rights for former felons.

DeSantis and the FL legislature institute a poll tax on them as a result.

And now Bloomberg is interfering with the election by helping them pay it?

You kids are getting out of hand.

Back