Movies Bloodsport Vs. Kickboxer

Blood Sport

When I was a kid this guy was the man

Bloodsport by a country mile.

But as someone who went on to do muay thai, i tried rewatching both and found them to be unbearable for the most part. Ong Bak and The Raid are my jam.

The Street Fighter movie was a masterful merger of the two. nail biting fight since after every step.
Raul Julia is the real star of that movie

Yea, so crazy how Dux did all the stuff from the movie but in real life
Well he couldn’t make a real life movie otherwise there would be no movie as you got make movies fir audiences ,the real life Kumite was more sport karate full contact though then the depicted of the Bloodsport movie . Frank is very tough though he’s got crazy round house kicks that would make Van Damme look soft .

Blood Sport for the win. Lol

Attachments

• CF7EEAC3-973A-48CE-B02F-C7370AC188CB.jpeg
    CF7EEAC3-973A-48CE-B02F-C7370AC188CB.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I learned how to fight from Bloodsport and dance from Kickboxer

giphy.gif

Bloodsports destroy Kickboxer at everything but final Boss, Tong Po was legendary villain back in the days

The Quest destroy Bloodsports at everything though

Tong Po was in Bloodsport. Guy fighting Chong Li is Tong Po.

Tong Po was in Bloodsport. Guy fighting Chong Li is Tong Po.

Yeah he's also the same actor playing Atilla in Lionheart and the mongol final boss in The Quest 😃

But Tong Po as character itself is easily most iconic Van Damme villain

Yeah he's also the same actor playing Atilla in Lionheart and the mongol final boss in The Quest 😃

But Tong Po as character itself is easily most iconic Van Damme villain
Tony Po is a badass but I have to go with Chong Li being the better villain. But there really is no wrong answers here.

Enjoyed the JCVD movies of late 80s/early 90s. Kickboxer was great , Bloodshot, The Quest , Leonhart, Unviersal Soldier.

Still.Bloodsport is best .

I enjoy both equally.

Now when it comes to the random sequels, kickboxer sequels all the way

Obviously bloodsport as it is based off Frank Dux!!!!

Which is your favorite Van Damme movie?

Vs.

Between the two for me Bloodsport.

Not say I didn't enjoy Kickboxer.

Sorry there is no poll. Can't make one.

Should have been a 3way dance with Lionheart bro

I need to see Bloodsport again. It's been too long. But Kickboxer...man, Tong Po was scary as shit. They built him up perfectly. When JCVD hears that booming sound coming from down the hall and goes to investigate, the way they draw it out made you feel like a literal fucking MONSTER was going jump out of that room.

No comparison. Kickboxer uses fake movie fighting. Bloodsport is based on the real life Frank Dux and real Dim Mok move.

OK USA!!! Nuff said.

I didn't realize there are people who still think Frank Dux is legit. He's one of the most well known frauds in MMA.

Back