Movies Bloodsport v Enter the Dragon

Bloodsport v Enter the Dragon

• Bloodsport

• Enter the Dragon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Enter the Dragon

The Main Theme alone is better than all of Bloodsport!

2b33971685479d74b3463c694b5c52ff.gif

Neither is great, but Bloodsport gave the great Bolo more of a chance to shine. It also had this beautifully shitty submission hold:

jMPhPxkVAgvx.gif

Realistically though, your average normie couldn't tell the difference between this and the finish of UFC 1.
g0myFr.gif

I actually don't think enter the dragon is that good, but I saw bloodsport first so that set my expectations high.

The only thing I like is Bruce's first tournament fight where he dominated the John Holmes looking dude

Bloodsport reallty is pretty crap, has some comedy/nostalgia value but its not a good MA film IMHO(pretty much nothing in the US from the 80's is, ironically maybe early Seagal has the best case) were as Enter the Dragon is.

really hard matchup....my heart says Enter the dragon just to show respect to Bruce, but Bloodspot is more entertaining and rewatchable
Pretty much this for me. I chose Enter the Dragon because I feel obligated to choose such a classic, but I would enjoy rewatching Bloodsport more. I hate to say it, but I would enjoy watching JCVD movies more so then Bruce Lee. Same with Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies. Just different era's and the improved progression of martial art filmography from the early 70s compared to 80-90s.

I have to go with Bloodsport, mainly because Frank Dux was the real deal, so his movie is basically a documentary. Bruce Lee was cool and all, but he was basically a manlet who played touchbutt in the park, and LARPed on the big screen. Frank Dux, on the other hand, was a legit special operator and Kumite champion. No contest, really.

I thought for a minute the fifth sequel to Bloodsport was called Bloodsport V: Enter the Dragon

Anyway I like Bloodsport better, but I think 80s movies generally feel a little more modern even compared to the movies a little earlier that inspired them.

I remember being so pissed that Bruce Lee never fought Bolo in ETD. That seemed like the obvious matchup we wanted to see in the movie. Instead, the dad from Nightmare on Elm Street fought and inexplicably beat him.

Bruce's best is Big boss. Gotto go with bloodsport

Enter The Dragon.

JCVD and all the others were just B-Grade attempts at being half as good as Bruce

I think you're getting Bruce Lee confused with Jackie Chan

Jackie is better than JCVD

Nah, never liked Jackie much.

I was raised on Bruce, and then the other guys seemed to be not as fun.

Id still watch Double Take/Maximum Risk and all those silly goof movies over most jackie chan movies

Come on, how you gonna convince a kid whose hyper and 7 years old that JCVD movies are more fun then Bruce yelling "waghhaa!" and swining nunchucks around. it was like watching the ninja turtles come to life

Nah, never liked Jackie much.

I was raised on Bruce, and then the other guys seemed to be not as fun.

Id still watch Double Take/Maximum Risk and all those silly goof movies over most jackie chan movies

Jackie Chan is awesome. Drunken Master II, Police Story, Rumble in the Bronx, all worth watching at least once. Jackie Chan stands alone when it comes to the best action star. You won't ever see anyone attempt the stunts Jackie did, Tom Cruise might be the only one who would try.

Back