Blood on gi train or dont train?

iama

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So if you forget to wash your gi (like I did yesterday) and its got blood splats on do you still train or is it more respectful to just miss training if its in this condition?

Probably worse that you didn't wash it than the blood you stinky shit.

#troll

So if you forget to wash your gi (like I did yesterday) and its got blood splats on do you still train or is it more respectful to just miss training if its in this condition?

You had me at:

So if you forget to wash your gi

If you don't have a clean gi to wear, IMO either train in no-gi attire (like new guys do) or skip class to do some laundry. Do not train with a dirty gi, especially if it has blood on it.

blood or no blood, be respectful and wash the gi.

A. Get more than one gi.

B. Wash your damn gis after you train.

Just bleed some fresh blood on it. Then if anyone asks, you can lie and say you washed your gi but someone just bled on it.

That should be a good strategy to allow you to continue to be a dirty bastard for a little while longer at least.

In the future when you get blood on your gi, pre-treat with hydrogen peroxide before you put in the washer. It's very effective for removing blood stains.

Way more worried about MSRA and ringworm than blood... wash your goddamn gi

The blood isn't the issue; any diseases possibly carried in your blood will be dead within minutes. The issue is mainly sweat and the bacteria that like to grow on sweaty clothes. If you didn't sweat in your gi then it's not much of an issue - if I only drilled and didn't roll in my gi then I'll wear it one more time before washing it (inb4 f12 butthurt) but if I've sweated at all it's going straight in the washing machine.

In the future when you get blood on your gi, pre-treat with hydrogen peroxide before you put in the washer. It's very effective for removing blood stains.

Nice way to destroy the fibers.

If you didn't sweat in your gi then it's not much of an issue - if I only drilled and didn't roll in my gi then I'll wear it one more time before washing it (inb4 f12 butthurt) but if I've sweated at all it's going straight in the washing machine.

I envy your ability to drill and not sweat. For me it is a near Pavlovian response to putting on the gi. Sometimes I just think about putting on a gi and I start sweating profusely

I envy your ability to drill and not sweat. For me it is a near Pavlovian response to putting on the gi. Sometimes I just think about putting on a gi and I start sweating profusely

You clearly don't live in a cold country then. Right now during the height of winter I'm still shivering while wearing a gi jacket and pants, rashguard, snood, hoody, shorts underneath and three pairs of socks. :rolleyes:

if I only drilled and didn't roll in my gi then I'll wear it one more time before washing it (inb4 f12 butthurt) but if I've sweated at all it's going straight in the washing machine.

Maybe you didn't sweat. Is your drilling partner sweat free? Are you 100% sure they were clean? Were the mats washed right before you drilled?

It's not my sweat I'm worried about most of the time. My body is used to my floura and fauna. It's my partner's/gym's dirty shit I worry about.

IMO if you don't sweat while drilling you are nt drilling, you are simply going over technique.

and to the OP. Wash your gi everyclass and if you don't then stay at home.

Wash your kimono and belt and groin protector support (if applicable) and everything else every time you train or go home. - E

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back