Blood on gi train or dont train?

Nice way to destroy the fibers.

It doesn't "destroy the fibres", it's a fairly weak oxidising agent and blood happens to be a catalyst for it. People have been using a drop of peroxide on blood stains for decades on all manner of clothing and it's fine. It's not like you're soaking it in 30% peroxide for hours on a weekly basis.

The only risk is that it might bleach a coloured gi.

If one of my training partners didnt show up because his gi was dirty, I would be pissed at his over politeness. I really dont give 2 shits if a guy shows up and doesnt smell like a fucking petunia.

Do it stink like a dead animal? Then there is no problem. Even AIDS virus do not live for a long time out the body so you might even lick that blood and do not catch anything.

Do it stink like a dead animal? Then there is no problem. Even AIDS virus do not live for a long time out the body so you might even lick that blood and do not catch anything.

Lol, this is some of the dumbest shit I have ever read.

just tell people its your wife's time of the month and u left your gi on the bathroom floor and she mistook it for a towel.

BAZINGA!

Sounds like none of you guys would have liked my old gym.
It was a shooto place that started having BJJ classes for "fun".
90% was shooto guys that wanted to play around in a gi.
And we had a competition going... most disgusting GI.
After a few months...well.... never mind..

Blood ok (borderline bad ass), nasty gi never ok no one wants staph. I've had MRSA and let me tell you its scary. You may have never have it so you blow it off like its nbd but it is. People have died i ended up in a hospital. Now go one step further and imagine if i had given it to a guy with a 2 year old and his 2 year old gets it. That kid will be lucky to live. It's not worth the risk man!

If one of my training partners didnt show up because his gi was dirty, I would be pissed at his over politeness. I really dont give 2 shits if a guy shows up and doesnt smell like a fucking petunia.
yup

I concur.

make sure you put a tampon this time and you should be good

I think instead you should be pissed at his irresponsibility displayed by not being able to train because he didn't wash his gi.

Last edited:
Just bleed some fresh blood on it. Then if anyone asks, you can lie and say you washed your gi but someone just bled on it.

That should be a good strategy to allow you to continue to be a dirty bastard for a little while longer at least.

Just remembered a sparring partner from the other night, lots of popped bleeding pimples during sparring and all the guys he rolled with had their GIs marked with blood, didn't washed his GI too, from the looks of it.:rolleyes:

you're not gonna get AIDS so helax bro

Not worried about the blood as much as staph, it put me in the hospital and imagine if someone takes it home and a kid gets it. Kids can die from that shit man.

Not worried about the blood as much as staph, it put me in the hospital and imagine if someone takes it home and a kid gets it. Kids can die from that shit man.
nobody is gonna get staph off clothing, it would be very rare

now I'm not saying people shouldn't wash their gis but this place is hilariously paranoid about that shit

Back