BLM (burn, loot, murder) rioters now burning bibles.

There was a time where people on here were cheering for the burning of the Quran in the name of freedom. This isn't any different to me. Those rioters are free to bibles if it's done within the law.

I don't know what those rioters want and I don't care. If they are causing violence they should face jail time.

There was a time where people on here were cheering for the burning of the Quran in the name of freedom. This isn't any different to me. Those rioters are free to bibles if it's done within the law.

I don't know what those rioters want and I don't care. If they are causing violence they should face jail time.

I think the overall point is, what did that have to with George Floyd?

What these atheists don't understand is that the Bible actually warns against the use of 'pharmakia'. The Messiah probably wouldn't advocate using the health care system much at all as it's based largely on pharmaceutical drugs. He understood that health doesn't come from drugs and medicine but rather what you eat, how you live, and how you think. If someone regulates their diet according to the dietary law, abstains from sinful and unclean practices in general, and keeps a sound perspective then guess what? That person is going to be among the healthiest in the world.

Every drug they offer comes with side effects and none of them actually cure you of anything. Millions of people are currently strung out on their "medicine". The Messiah is not falling for that nonsense. He would not be advocating Obamacare, government, and the medical industry as the solution to the world's health problems.

Be sure you inform everyone at your local hospital that if you or your family need surgery of any kind, that it is to be done without anesthetic or any painkillers - that way there will be more left over for the rest of us.

I could just imagine your wife or mother or daughter having a massive heart attack, and you decide to drive them to church instead of the hospital, because healthcare is the devil.

Again, you cannot look to people for perfect behavior. You have to look to Jesus and to the Bible. It’s also expressly written that we are to (again paraphrasing) call out other Christians who are not living the way they should in a loving manner. Not done in loving ways nearly enough in my opinion which is why I think many stray.

And yes, if you truly believe in Christ no matter what you’ve done you are forgiven (not from punishment in this life, but from damnation in the next). Because Christ was the perfect sacrifice for us and God then only sees Jesus and not you. Christ said I am the way the truth and the life and nobody gets to the father except through me. If salvation wasn’t granted to ALL that believed his sacrifice would be a lie.

Edit: it’s actually a message of hope. Even the worst of the worst can change because of Jesus.
I appreciate your response and it's not my intention to insult your faith.

I just scoff at the notion held my so many politically right-leaning people in the US that prevalence of non-christian elements in the country is some kind of portent of a descent into wickedness and ruin. In my experience Christians break down like any other lot. A number of truly decent people, a whole lot of OK folks, and far too many complete pricks.

I mean look at the OP. Do you really think a few goofballs trying to be edgy by burning a few bibles is really newsworthy? Like "this is it folks, the battle for the soul of our nation has begun"? I just think that type of hysterics is foolish.

So Jesus speaks multiple times about taking care of the poor, the sick, and the hungry, but you want me to find a parable that is dead on the nose for a current problem unique to our culture and time? Sounds like you are rejecting Jesus and holding up a false idol in His name.

Sounds like you're full of shit. There are middle class people who oppose Obamacare who have taken care of sick relatives and people with addictions.

Matthew 25:36
I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me

"Visited me", not "advocated working and middle class people pay higher premiums and have higher out of pocket costs so that able-bodied adults can get free healthcare".

If that's what you want to go with.

My question was "what universal truths do you take from the bible?"

You did not answer that question. You didn't even attempt to.

Create division among the people
Create fear with a pandemic
Eliminate God & his word
The Antichrist comes and brings unity
All non believers will worship him

Repent & trust Christ before it's too late.

I appreciate your response and it's not my intention to insult your faith.

I just scoff at the notion held my so many politically right-leaning people in the US that prevalence of non-christian elements in the country is some kind of portent of a descent into wickedness and ruin. In my experience Christians break down like any other lot. A number of truly decent people, a whole lot of OK folks, and far too many complete pricks.

I mean look at the OP. Do you really think a few goofballs trying to be edgy by burning a few bibles is really newsworthy? Like "this is it folks, the battle for the soul of our nation has begun"? I just think that type of hysterics is foolish.
No offense taken, as I have stated with other people I enjoy the debate, I feel like it’s hard to really believe in something without going through doubt or debate at some point; I really do appreciate a good discussion so thank you.

I do agree that many civilizations have existed and arguably thrived without Christianity. And yes, good people (in a worldly sense). But I don’t believe anybody exists outside of God. I believe the world is given common grace that is for all people, not just Christians (music, amazing weather, morality, etc). So, yes, I believe common grace can exist with non-Christians. However to receive life after this one you need Jesus. That is where the line in the sand is drawn.

I think the overall point is, what did that have to with George Floyd?

Okay. These people are probably a part of ANTIFA and aren't protesting in good faith of George Floyd's name. Next?

Part of his post highlights them burning bibles as if it's finally crossing the line.. as oppose to murder, looting and arson wouldn't be the line where most people would draw it at

Okay. These people are probably a part of ANTIFA and aren't protesting in good faith of George Floyd's name. Next?

Part of his post highlights them burning bibles as if it's finally crossing the line.. as oppose to murder, looting and arson wouldn't be the line where most people draw

None of those things has anything to do with George Floyd. So why is the Left Wing media still trying to pretend that these are mostly peaceful protests about George Floyd? That's the point of this whole thread.

Sounds like you're full of shit. There are middle class people who oppose Obamacare who have taken care of sick relatives and people with addictions.

Matthew 25:36
I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me

"Visited me", not "advocated working and middle class people pay higher premiums and have higher out of pocket costs so that able-bodied adults can get free healthcare".

It's so funny to see someone who pronounces himself a "Christian" to be so incredibly antagonistic to the poor, day after day, post after post, your comments always revolve around how pissed off you are that a fuckin red nickle came out of your paycheck and went to some slob in the ghetto.

Protip: Maybe you should look at taxes as a cost of doing business and go out and earn enough money so you don't have to worry about being nickled and dimed to death. I mean, if you were honestly really concerned about how much your taxes are spent on (what you consider) waste, then maybe you should focus on the groups taking the lion's share of your taxes - corporate welfare and military spending that is so loose and sloppy, that they don't even bother having an accurate accounting system.

But no, that's not what you're really mad about. It's not really about paying taxes and having that money spent frivolously. It's about the fact that you've decided you need someone to point the finger at, and it's certainly not going to be crusty old men who happen to share the same race as you. It's going to be the poor, the gays, and affirmative action recipients who draw the focus of your ire.

Sabretruth: 'God damn why in the hell did they take $10,000 in taxes from me - those little bastards are going to pay!'

Government: 'Well, we need $8,000 of that for the Pentagon and no-bid contracts to the MIC, and another $1000 for our friends who ran their businesses into the ground by paying all the officers exorbitant amounts of money, and finally we are taking $1000 so people who are working, the head of their household, and with children can afford some food".

Sabretruth: 'I KNEW IT!!!! Those goddamn leeches in the ghettos! Screw them! Jesus agrees everyone in need is just lazy, unless you already have millions or billions of dollars, then it's different!'

Your complaints about paying for poor people are about the equivalent of a guy wandering into the local hospital bleeding profusely from the head, and complaining about a stubbed toe.

Last edited:
As long as those bibles were purchased and not stolen, i dont care.

No offense taken, as I have stated with other people I enjoy the debate, I feel like it’s hard to really believe in something without going through doubt or debate at some point; I really do appreciate a good discussion so thank you.

I do agree that many civilizations have existed and arguably thrived without Christianity. And yes, good people (in a worldly sense). But I don’t believe anybody exists outside of God. I believe the world is given common grace that is for all people, not just Christians (music, amazing weather, morality, etc). So, yes, I believe common grace can exist with non-Christians. However to receive life after this one you need Jesus. That is where the line in the sand is drawn.
Cool man, you're welcome at my BBQ any time then. You ever been to a Southern Taoist BBQ? It's pretty awesome, all of the food and drink is in perfect balance and harmony.
YIN-YANG-FOOD-1.jpg

The main takeaway you need here is that the steak and eggs are balanced out by the sauces and alcoholic beverages. Cheers.

I support a public option, but attempting to reduce Christian ethics to either Obamacare, single-payer, or Bidencare is beyond disingenuous.

WTF are you talking about? my post refuted tying politics to Christianity.

Where does the Bible say the government should give poor people free healthcare?

Have you read it? Its shot through with that teaching including out of the mouth of Jesus himself. the only consideration is how to accomplish this.

i think there is only one way that has a hope of working and thats UHC.

Back