BLM (burn, loot, murder) rioters now burning bibles.

oh no
why not grimms fairy tales
at least some of those stories are true compared to the bible

People actually pay to see David Cross? Yuck.

Good ol' first amendment.

What universal truths do you take from the bible? I imagine it's highly selective.

Western Civilization is literally based on the teachings of the Bible. Glad you missed that.

Yeah I have a friend who’s essentially never had a job and we were talking about Obamacare and he thinks it’s better than what was before. But he’s the only manchild with no income I know but I’ve known a lot of people who have had to pay their own premiums who’ve seen themselves spending more.

Right now the OOP maximum is $8,150 for individual coverage and $16,300 for family coverage. The idea that middle and working class people should have that kind of "insurance" (which of course they pay for in hundreds of dollars in premiums each month) while able-bodied adults get Medicaid and pay basically nothing OOP is ridiculous.

I agree that our healthcare system is inequitable, but the idea that expanding Medicaid and making healthcare less affordable for working and middle class people who have to pay for private insurance (and with less options) is 'the Christian position' is nonsense.

What these atheists don't understand is that the Bible actually warns against the use of 'pharmakia'. The Messiah probably wouldn't advocate using the health care system much at all as it's based largely on pharmaceutical drugs. He understood that health doesn't come from drugs and medicine but rather what you eat, how you live, and how you think. If someone regulates their diet according to the dietary law, abstains from sinful and unclean practices in general, and keeps a sound perspective then guess what? That person is going to be among the healthiest in the world.

Every drug they offer comes with side effects and none of them actually cure you of anything. Millions of people are currently strung out on their "medicine". The Messiah is not falling for that nonsense. He would not be advocating Obamacare, government, and the medical industry as the solution to the world's health problems.

During the Spanish Revolution communists would dig up the corpses of nuns and priests in order to mock Christians and Christianity. I really wouldn't be at all suprised to see this current lot pull the same stunt.

I'm also sure that those in this thead laughing this off and making jokes about it would be doing the same if it was a bunch of people in MAGA hats burning copies of the Qu'ran.

"All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need"

Sounds like Communism to me. No thanks.
Easy to quote that out of context. Those believers felt the call to give away what they had, it isn’t a requirement. That passage talks about a spirit of giving and an extreme example of it for motivation for other to have a charitable personality. Same can be said about Christ saying (Paraphrasing) drop what you have and follow me. Means to remove the things in your life that get in between you and God. Talking about the attitude towards worldly possessions. Not wrong to have things as long as they don’t control you and they are not above your God.

plus, it’s very different in that small context vs 330 million people.

I dont care how much time is spent on reading the Bible if you read it looking for an enemy in God, because that’s all you’re going to find. Let’s just look at with what Christ taught in the New Testament. Would you not agree that to love your neighbor as your self, being humble, loving God with all your heart, soul, and strength, and thirst for righteousness are good things?

If everyone lived their lives as Christ lived His, would it not lead to a better world altogether?
Sure but even putting aside the obvious that few practicing Christians follow those tenets in practice there are many Christians who see one's deeds on earth as meaningless, only by accepting Christ are you saved.

So they believe that the non-Christian who lives a life of kindness and generosity is damned while the rapist and murderer who finds Jesus on death row is saved, by the tenets of that belief.

I'm more of a Taoist myself but I'm all for New Testament Jesus, he doesn't seem to be driving the bus right now I'm afraid. I've dabbled in Christianity myself but Christians ruined it for me.

Easy to quote that out of context. Those believers felt the call to give away what they had, it isn’t a requirement. That passage talks about a spirit of giving and an extreme example of it for motivation for other to have a charitable personality. Same can be said about Christ saying (Paraphrasing) drop what you have and follow me. Means to remove the things in your life that get in between you and God. Talking about the attitude towards worldly possessions. Not wrong to have things as long as they don’t control you and they are not above your God.

plus, it’s very different in that small context vs 330 million people.

Also, were not talking about 330 million people who all believe together. Even among those who believe there is massive division.

What these atheists don't understand is that the Bible actually warns against the use of 'pharmakia'. The Messiah probably wouldn't advocate using the health care system much at all as it's based largely on pharmaceutical drugs. He understood that health doesn't come from drugs and medicine but rather what you eat, how you live, and how you think. If someone regulates their diet according to the dietary law, abstains from sinful and unclean practices in general, and keeps a sound perspective then guess what? That person is going to be among the healthiest in the world.

Every drug they offer comes with side effects and none of them actually cure you of anything. Millions of people are currently strung out on their "medicine". The Messiah is not falling for that nonsense. He would not be advocating Obamacare, government, and the medical industry as the solution to the world's health problems.
Wow I didn’t know retards could use the internet.

Make no mistake. These trained Marxists don't give a damn about black people. Black lives don't matter to the Left. This is all about the destruction of Western society.

There is no defending these book burning thugs.

Is there any source beyond Ian Cheong? He's a fringe right loonie who doesn't live in the U.S.

Sure but even putting aside the obvious that few practicing Christians follow those tenets in practice there are many Christians who see one's deeds on earth as meaningless, only by accepting Christ are you saved.

So they believe that the non-Christian who lives a life of kindness and generosity is damned while the rapist and murderer who finds Jesus on death row is saved, by the tenets of that belief.

I'm more of a Taoist myself but I'm all for New Testament Jesus, he doesn't seem to be driving the bus right now I'm afraid. I've dabbled in Christianity myself but Christians ruined it for me.
Again, you cannot look to people for perfect behavior. You have to look to Jesus and to the Bible. It’s also expressly written that we are to (again paraphrasing) call out other Christians who are not living the way they should in a loving manner. Not done in loving ways nearly enough in my opinion which is why I think many stray.

And yes, if you truly believe in Christ no matter what you’ve done you are forgiven (not from punishment in this life, but from damnation in the next). Because Christ was the perfect sacrifice for us and God then only sees Jesus and not you. Christ said I am the way the truth and the life and nobody gets to the father except through me. If salvation wasn’t granted to ALL that believed his sacrifice would be a lie.

Edit: it’s actually a message of hope. Even the worst of the worst can change because of Jesus.

Last edited:
"Christian": ^^^

Christ: Problem?
Maybe you should convert to Christianity, pray that God performs emergency over night surgery and turns you into anything other then that pasty white, no friend having, skinny soy boy, ugly as sin ass dylan

When are they going to start burning the Quran? I want to see some real fireworks out of these fools.

OK, now I’m convinced there’s actually no Black people involved in BLM. If there was, and their grandma found out they were burning Bibles, they be getting that ass whooped with a quickness.
Based on a video of Portland? A place that has less than 6% black people and has seen political activism constantly for years?

Which parable did Jesus use to teach that the government should make healthcare more expensive for members of the middle class so that it's cheaper for able-bodied poor people?
So Jesus speaks multiple times about taking care of the poor, the sick, and the hungry, but you want me to find a parable that is dead on the nose for a current problem unique to our culture and time? Sounds like you are rejecting Jesus and holding up a false idol in His name.

Western Civilization is literally based on the teachings of the Bible. Glad you missed that.

Show me where I disputed the significance of Christianity on Western Civilization.

Show me where I disputed the significance of Christianity on Western Civilization.

You asked what universal truths do you take from the Bible. Our entire system of Government is built on the teachings the Bible.

You asked what universal truths do you take from the Bible. Our entire system of Government is built on the teachings the Bible.

Yeah

Not an answer to the question.

Make no mistake. These trained Marxists don't give a damn about black people. Black lives don't matter to the Left. This is all about the destruction of Western society.

There is no defending these book burning thugs.

Book burning is awful, but if I had to burn one book it would probably be the Bible. So my outrage level isn’t that high

Back