#BLM activist disrupts Clinton speech for calling black gang members "super predators" in the 90s

I think it's really good that people are finally beginning to pay attention to how destructive the Clintons have been to black Americans.
Not a fan of Bill's welfare reform?

Which was weird, because solving problems is what we elect politicians for. It's the exact nature of the job she's applying for. But they could have always said "Start rolling back the evil policies your husband helped put in place."

She answered the question as to come out unscathed. She made it seem like she cared and she showed concern for a movement that is a large part of her constituency. She couldn't have answered it better. Unless you think that she actually cares about poor urban youths.

truth be told. Being called a super predator sounds kinda awesome.

I'm not saying it isn't. You aren't following.

I have never said that justice system is fair. I said that there is nothing wrong with locking up criminals, and you can just no do crime if you don't want to go to jail.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for a coke dealercomplaining he got 6 years, when the white dude dealing with him only got 2. Of course it isn't fair and we should address it, but its further down the list than just getting these guys off the street to begin with. The illegal drug trade decimates poor communities.

All I got from the graphs is that more black and latinos are doing drugs/selling drugs than whites on a proportionate basis.
If that's what you got then you're misreading them. More black and latino people are arrested and incarcerated for their drug use, but the narrative that they do significantly more has been disproven by plenty of research. I just read a study that says whites actually use and abuse drugs MORE than black people.

Not a fan of his role in the construction of the mass incarceration machine.
Do you believe him when he apologizes for it today, saying it was a response to rising gang violence and that he got it wrong?

In essence, the girl just held up a banner with a quote from HC. That's all she did until Clinton questioned her.

Now people are talking about it on the news, etc.

Nice work by the protestor. It'll be hard for anyone to try and demonize the protestor when she literally did nothing wrong.

People need to question/research everything and not just follow along like sheep.

If that's what you got then you're misreading them. More black and latino people are arrested and incarcerated for their drug use, but the narrative that they do significantly more has been disproven by plenty of research. I just read a study that says whites actually use and abuse drugs MORE than black people.

That article is about substance abuse. There is no distinction between illegal drugs, and abuse of prescribed medication, and far worse, it includes alcohol addiction in that stats.

In essence, the girl just held up a banner with a quote from HC. That's all she did until Clinton questioned her.

Now people are talking about it on the news, etc.

Nice work by the protestor. It'll be hard for anyone to try and demonize the protestor when she literally did nothing wrong.

People need to question/research everything and not just follow along like sheep.

Standing in next to the speaker holding a banner is wrong...
There are seats for a reason. Standing up to hold your sign in front of Hilary is obviously disruptive.

That article is about substance abuse. There is no distinction between illegal drugs, and abuse of prescribed medication, and far worse, it includes alcohol addiction in that stats.
I don't see how that's relevant to my aside that whites abuse drugs more than blacks do.

I don't see how that's relevant to my aside that whites abuse drugs more than blacks do.

Because whites having higher rates of substance abuse is irrelevant to a discussion about incarceration rates.

I could believe that white moms are popping pain killers too much, and the dads are spending too much time at the bar. But they aren't crack to the kids.

Standing in next to the speaker holding a banner is wrong...
There are seats for a reason. Standing up to hold your sign in front of Hilary is obviously disruptive.

It's was a legitimate form of protest. I have no issue with that. Maybe you do, but i don't.

Are people arguing the fact that black people aren't being disproportionately locked up compared to whites? Really?

I thought this was common knowledge as it's been proven time and time again with cold hard facts. I guess some people need to go do a little research.

It's was a legitimate form of protest. I have no issue with that. Maybe you do, but i don't.

Define "legitimate"? What she did got her kicked out. I don't know if she went to jail or not, but if she tried to come back, she almost certainly would have been jailed.

I believe in staging protests. I don't believe in silencing or disrupting others. Standing outside with a sign would be fine. That way, people can see your message, but Hilary can still speak to the people who want to hear her without disruption.

Are people arguing the fact that black people are disproportionately being locked up compared to whites? Really?

No. No one is arguing that.
We are arguing that locking up black criminals is fine.

The solution to black incarceration should be talking about how to get blacks to do less crime, not about how we should turn a blind eye toward black criminals.

No. No one is arguing that.
We are arguing that locking up black criminals is fine.

The solution to black incarceration should be talking about how to get blacks to do less crime, not about how we should turn a blind eye toward black criminals.

You're missing the point or ignoring it. The American criminal justice system is set up so black Americans are much more likely to be locked up compared to whites who have committed the same offence. This is a proven fact.

She was specifically protesting mass incarceration, the mechanism of which Hil's husband did help build and which Hilary was endorsing and helping to build in that clip. The words she said were a lot less offensive and racially consequential than what she was actually doing with them.

People keep saying mass incarceration like its a bad thing.

Would you prefer mass execution?

Back