#BLM activist disrupts Clinton speech for calling black gang members "super predators" in the 90s

You're missing the point or ignoring it. The American criminal justice system is set up so black Americans are much more likely to be locked up compared to whites who have committed the same offence. This is a proven fact.

Once you remove variables like socioeconomic status, priors, impulse control, etc they are basically the same.

This image will be in every attack ad come the fall if we end up with Trump vs Sanders -
e0fc6412-3e27-11e5-a580-5d86ec2e3b6f.jpg

BLM are attacking Hillary because they've found their ideal candidate in weak-kneed coward Sanders. Sanders is so desperate for their support after being smeared as racist early in the campaign because he comes from lily white Vermont and wasn't talking enough about "their issues" that he caters to their every demand now.

The above picture says a thousand words. Does he look like a commander in chief?

Both sides have a racist problem and both sides are pandering to those racists for votes.

Last edited:
You're missing the point or ignoring it. The American criminal justice system is set up so black Americans are much more likely to be locked up compared to whites who have committed the same offence. This is a proven fact.

The "so" implies that the system was deliberately made to incarcerate black people. You would need to prove that claim.

What you may have meant to say is that-- as it is, the system will incarcerate more black people than other races. Which is more or less de facto by examining the stats, but it may not imply more than that.

Because whites having higher rates of substance abuse is irrelevant to a discussion about incarceration rates.
True, more of the mind-altering, life-destroying substances favored by whites are harder for impoverished people to come by enough to sustain a habit. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

This image will be in every attack ad come the fall if we end up with Trump vs Sanders -

BLM are attacking Hillary because they've found their ideal candidate in weak-kneed coward Sanders. Sanders is so desperate for their support after being smeared as racist early in the campaign because he comes from lily white Vermont and wasn't talking enough about "their issues" that he caters to their every demand now.

The above picture says a thousand words. Does he look like a commander in chief?

Both sides have a racist problem and both sides are pandering to those racists for votes.
Yes he does look like a commander in chief. He made the right call in a tough situation. He did the right thing.

The "so" implies that the system was deliberately made to incarcerate black people. You would need to prove that claim.

What you may have meant to say is that-- as it is, the system will incarcerate more black people than other races. Which is more or less de facto by examining the stats, but it may not imply more than that.

One example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Drug_Abuse_Act_of_1986

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/08/03/data-show-racial-disparity-in-crack-sentencing

Gang members would probably be flattered at being called super predators.

Great example, but you can't prove that this is race-related. You can't prove that this was created to oppress black people. What you can do is use this as proof to show that more black people are affected by this law, which is already evident by the number of black people in prison. I think you're making unwarranted assumptions.

True, more of the mind-altering, life-destroying substances favored by whites are harder for impoverished people to come by enough to sustain a habit. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Crack is pretty cheap. And largely favored by the impoverished non whites.

Let's also not exaggerate its effects.

blog_black_incarceration_crime_bill.jpg
That's why I wondered if he meant the welfare reform. We were already deep into the drug war by that point. I'm glad Bill fessed up to essentially continuing bad policy, but if we're going to look at damage his presidency did to poor black families, decentralizing welfare has got to be the more relevant discussion.

I'd prefer legal drugs and better treatment centers.

Most people in jail are not there for drugs alone. There would still be mass incarceration.

Also, criminalizing drugs was basically used as a shorthand to fight the enormous crime wave of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Possession is much easier to prove than crimes that require witnesses to come forward and so on. The intent was to remove criminal elements from society using the drugs as a proxy, and it largely worked.

If that's what you got then you're misreading them. More black and latino people are arrested and incarcerated for their drug use, but the narrative that they do significantly more has been disproven by plenty of research. I just read a study that says whites actually use and abuse drugs MORE than black people.

That link says that whites are more likely to REPORT drug use. There are other studies that show use is the same or higher among minorities, they just don't report it when asked by friendly researchers.

That young girl probably doesn't remember all the drive by shootings and innocent people getting caught in the cross fire back in the 90's when this was said.

Also Clinton was speak about youths in gangs.... not BLACK youths in gangs, so once again we see people making this a race issue when it shouldn't be.

This BLM thing is getting out of control. During the ferguson and Baltimore riots we had public figures apologizing for calling rioters and looters thugs. I remember a time when calling a spade a spade was the admirable thing. No pun.
I like your avatar. And your speech isn't bad either

Most people in jail are not there for drugs alone. There would still be mass incarceration.

Also, criminalizing drugs was basically used as a shorthand to fight the enormous crime wave of the 70s, 80s and 90s. Possession is much easier to prove than crimes that require witnesses to come forward and so on. The intent was to remove criminal elements from society using the drugs as a proxy, and it largely worked.

Exactly! Everyone knows there's a close link between crime and substance abuse. So let's implement drug policy that actually helps with that. Freeing nonviolent drug offenders would be a great start; as you said most people aren't in there for drugs alone, but freeing nonviolent drug offenders would still free up a shitload of money to start giving addicts real treatment based on current addiction medicine science, thus causing crime to plummet and helping everyone.

that's the biggest thing about sanders..... not sure the guy knows what a dog fight is, and he desperately needs it. I only care for his medicaid for all, otherwise, he'd be a trash candidate as far as I'm concerned. He got clowned by those BLM operatives, for no other reason than being a cuck.

Back