• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Blanchfield takes over Manon's spot in the rankings

KOPPE

@red
Reaction score
1213.png

She might be getting the winner of Grasso vs Val now shes the #2
and Manon vs Rose is just another pointless fight

How is Manon vs Rose a pointless fight? Is every fight with no clear title implication pointless?

at the top? in my opinion yes there are pointless fights.
it would be pointless for Colby to fight Belal instead of waiting for Leon

1213.png

She might be getting the winner of Grasso vs Val now shes the #2
and Manon vs Rose is just another pointless fight

"another pointless fight" Lol have some patience. Depending on the manner of which Manon or Rose win these weekend they can easily take the #2 spot back from Erin Blanchfield and bump her back down.

If Rose wins basically in any fashion except a complete snoozefest I think UFC would give her the title shot before Blanchfield, it's not like Blanchfield's recent win had people jumping out of their seats.

If Manon/Rose is a point fight that lacks excitement, Erin gets the next shot. If there's a finish, the winner surpasses her.
I agree. If Blanchfield does get the title shot, she's going to get outstruck into a living death by either Alexa or Val.

I agree. If Blanchfield does get the title shot, she's going to get outstruck into a living death by either Alexa or Val.
I think Grasso would be in trouble against Erin. The strength and defensive grappling of Taila Santos is far superior to hers, and I'm not confident in Alexa's ability to keep the fight standing. On the ground, it'd be a wash.

Val's more of a wildcard. I'd give Erin little to no shot against the Val of 3 years ago, but now things are different. Val's only getting older, and Erin's only going to keep improving. I think there would be a lot of cage hugging.

I think Grasso would be in trouble against Erin. The strength and defensive grappling of Taila Santos is far superior to hers, and I'm not confident in Alexa's ability to keep the fight standing. On the ground, it'd be a wash.

Val's more of a wildcard. I'd give Erin little to no shot against the Val of 3 years ago, but now things are different. Val's only getting older, and Erin's only going to keep improving. I think there would be a lot of cage hugging.
Good analysis - I was just flabbergasted by Erin's complete disregard for striking defense (which isn't unique to her, it's something many MMA fighters don't have) and the way she telegraphs her takedowns without setting them up with strikes. It may seem like a stretch, but her strategy of "block punches with my face while having my telegraphed takedowns stuffed" gameplan reminded me of Maia vs Woodley.

If Fiorot comes out and throws a Tiger Uppercut (like Sagat) that takes Rose off her feet and sends her to the dreamlands, she will suddenly resume her spot at #2.

Jarl

This. An emphatic win over Rose will get her a title shot against whoever wins Grasso v Shevchenko 2 no questions asked if she wants to wait.

Spoiler Alert: He didn't actually watch it.

I wish I didn't, but I finally suffered through it on Sunday, and it was the most miserable 15 minutes of my MMA viewing experiences that I can recall since Woodley vs Maia.

I just don't understand why you're still hanging your hat on Blanchfield of all people after that complete turd of a "fight". I've seen bumfights on Combate Global's prelims that we're more entertaining than that. Is this some kind of hipster thing, going all in on something so bland and unappealing? I don't get it. Jessica Eye was once ranked higher in this division than these two not too long ago, as was Cynthia Calvillo. It has not evolved.

I just don't understand why you're still hanging your hat on Blanchfield of all people after that complete turd of a "fight". I've seen bumfights on Combate Global's prelims that we're more entertaining than that. Is this some kind of hipster thing, going all in on something so bland and unappealing? I don't get it. Jessica Eye was once ranked higher in this division than these two not too long ago, as was Cynthia Calvillo. It has not evolved.
I'm not sure why you are so invested in pretending that you know what you are talking about. It's super obvious that you don't.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

What are you talking about, manbun?
I'm saying that you didn't actually watch the fight. Because it's obvious that you didn't.

You just like to have an opinion, so you pick someone else's and run with it, no matter if it's complete nonsense.

Now if you want to keep pretending that you watched it, go right ahead. But both you and I know that you didn't.

Back