Blaming Edmond for Ronda getting KTFO takes away from the truth

TS is right, it is not like Edmund is the only one coaching her, there is plenty of footage of her sparring with other MMA fighters, going to wrestling clubs and training with Rener Gracie. She even trained with Freddie Roach for a while and he complimented her skills a lot. It is time to acknowledge that she just is not talented in striking

It's her unwillingness to be a real mma fighter. She could have the best hands in the world, as soon as someone throws a curve ball she is going to fold. Nunes is kind of a wild fighter, well rounded, and has shown tendency to gas. Proper gameplan is to move, laterally, and circle. Ronda stood right in front of her. Wild strikers throw themselves off balance. Proper gameplan is to shoot wrestling style takedowns, but Ronda kept trying to wrap her up, often from way outside a clinch range. Ronda went into that fight with the same plan she's had her entire career. Get the clinch, throw, arm bar. Any fighter can beat her as long as they control the distance.

Edmond was screaming "head movement" the whole fight and she had zero head movement. Ronda has not gotten any better and the sport passed her by.

He's clearly a bad trainer, but at this point it is on anyone who chooses to train with him.

With all due respect Edmond should not be training pro mma fighters.

I actually feel a little bad for Ronda and I didnt care for for her attitude.

The four housewomen and Browne have no wins under Edmond, he's definitely part of the problem. But Ronda is just not going to beat solid strikers as well no matter what most likely.

Edmond gave her sound advice. She just froze up after being hit. She's mentally broken. Broken Ronda Rousey.
Edmond never let her spar boxing hard at GFC. That's where you learn to cover up. The way she reacted after getting hit tells you how much she's actually sparred. Instead, Fraudveryan just let her hit the mits really fast to make her feel like she was progressing. But, as we all know, pads don't hit back.

Her coach should be able to sit her down and say

"Look this girl is a better striker than you but your clinch game blows hers away, let's work on a strategy to stay away from her strikes until we can get an opening to initiate a clinch"

That is assuming Ronda has the mental toughness, resiliency and physical capacity to improve. I have seen no evidence of this whatsoever. Ronda is always going to be a mentally weak fighter who charges forward and tries to bully her way into the clinch. It does not matter who trains her.
This. Her bully mindset shows both in her attitude and fight style. Can't change that.

Edmond never let her spar boxing hard at GFC. That's where you learn to cover up. The way she reacted after getting hit tells you how much she's actually sparred. Instead, Fraudveryan just let her hit the mits really fast to make her feel like she was progressing. But, as we all know, pads don't hit back.
After the first fight everyone knew Edmund was a fraud. Hell, just seeing her technique even before that it was evident. If Ronda is so dumb that she can't see that, then that's on her. Imagine if Jones decided to train under Edmund. Of course Edmund wouldn't say no and just make him believe that he is the best.

LOL at blaming Edmond when Ronda is the one who is absolutely terrible.

The fact is that both Edmond AND Ronda are terrible.

Blaming Edmond is taking away from terrible Ronda actually is.

630706392.0.jpeg
What you say another another person says more about you than it does them

I find it funny how Ronda is the only MMA fighter on earth that gets her losses blamed on her coach. Like she is an innocent victim that could be great if she left Edmond. Ronda sucks and no coach will be able to turn that around, deal with it.

Edmond gave her sound advice. She just froze up after being hit. She's mentally broken. Broken Ronda Rousey.

True but the advice is worthless if she's not being equipped with the skills needed to heed the advice. I'm not going to claim she would've won if she had better coaching because I don't know what would have happened. What I will claim is the performance of every fighter who trained under Edmond shows he's not an effective coach.

Yeah, but did Edmond actually train her for head movement properly, like focus on it enough that it actually stays with her. With the way Edmond trains and how EVERYONE in the MMA community talks about how terrible he is including RR's mom, it's not hard to believe they only spent a few hours training it and he thought she could just do it on command.

IMO, I think if there was actually any real focus and training on it, she would've shown something in form of head movement. Something should've came naturally.

Last edited:
I blame the coach for not teaching the student how to shake an opponent's hand and say, "good job!"

I have NEVER heard Ronda speak about how good of a job Holly did.

Terrible but dominated Cat, Miesha twice, McMann, Alexis Davis, Liz Carmouche. MMA fans are stupid as f

Cat win was a fluke. Miesha sucks at standup and Ronda is better on the ground than her. McMann was an early stoppage. Davis is an unathletic fighter. And Liz almost subbed Ronda, which shows how bad both are.

Chael has said it in the past and ill say it again. Judo sucks in MMA. It can be effective as part of an all round game (Maia for instance) but if its all you have, youre screwed against even average competition.

Judo reauires the clinch, and if you cut no angles, have no head movement, no level changes, no striking, you really have no chance...

The amazing thing about Ronda is how wmma was that bad in the first place, that someone could ever get a win with her style.

Yea I'm sure her head movement was on point in the gym.

Screaming clinch while only teaching her shitty shadow boxing and pad drills doesn't exactly create confidence when you actually get tagged.
Like Tyson used to say everyone has a game plan till they get punched in the nose.
I'm thinking she was pretty brave going in there knowing she was going to get a bad beating
Then I'm thinking about the $3mil she got for it.
I can hear Dana... Hey take the beating,I'll give you your 3mil and you live happily ever after!

Back