Blade Shape

I'll tell you what I'm finished with.

Partially serrated blades. I've bought my last partially serrated blade. No more. Better off with one serrated blade, one smooth. Tired of carrying a knife around that's only partially useful for any one application.

Chisel ground "modern" tantos. Chisel grind is ALWAYS on the wrong side. Sick of it.

Folders in general. Tired of cleaning blood, meat and gristle out of the liner. Simple, thin bush knife is almost always the better way to go for food prep.

Multipurpose knives in general. I've given up on the idea of a good, general purpose knife. No such animal. 2-3 simple,cheap single purpose knives beats a single tacticool super duper awesome, cost-me-a-month's-salary folder any day of the week.

Agree w/ this. Although I do wind up carrying an Emerson folder that is a chisel grind, but only because I love the "wave" feature. Fastest way to deploy a folder ever, and so simple.

TOPS Walkabout
TPWAB01.jpg

Love this little knife, small, thick, good cutter and bullet proof with a nice prying tip at the pommel.

Big Belly!

Standard drop point. Maybe clip point if I'm feelin' frisky. With a few exceptions, usually the more exotic, the less useful, I find.

Back