Blade Shape

EchoBoomer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is your favorite shape???

SOG-BL01.jpg

Mine is a drop point with a BIG belly.

It depends on what the knife is being used for. For everyday utility I prefer a clip blade. In a knife I would use in a fight I prefer a slender double edge with a diamond cross section(needle point) like a Fairbairn-Sykes. A knife I want to display or pull a Crocodile Dundee with I'd go for a large navaja.

Last edited:
I tend to gravitate towards drop or clip point blades, they're the most versatile, IMO.

My Favorites;

030.jpg

lol I use to have that same survival knife with the slingshot on the sling. When I was 13 I fashioned a spear and shot it through my hand. I still have the scar. It's but a few inches away from the one created with the Karambit I posted lol.

Drop, with a partly serrated blade

I thought the title said BLOOD shape... and I was thinking, "What the fuck is wrong with this kid?"

But I get it now and thus: tanto

I'll tell you what I'm finished with.

Partially serrated blades. I've bought my last partially serrated blade. No more. Better off with one serrated blade, one smooth. Tired of carrying a knife around that's only partially useful for any one application.

Chisel ground "modern" tantos. Chisel grind is ALWAYS on the wrong side. Sick of it.

Folders in general. Tired of cleaning blood, meat and gristle out of the liner. Simple, thin bush knife is almost always the better way to go for food prep.

Multipurpose knives in general. I've given up on the idea of a good, general purpose knife. No such animal. 2-3 simple,cheap single purpose knives beats a single tacticool super duper awesome, cost-me-a-month's-salary folder any day of the week.

yeah i tend to go for the stadard drop point......but i love my benchmade with the partially serrated sheepsfoot as well

Clip point but Spyderco's Leaf Shape FFG's are a real close second.

Back