Economy Blackrock laying off employees from ESG division while abandoning ESG/DEI narrative's amid $4 Billion Losses

<Kpop01>

What the hell did you think the point of hiring based on skin color was? If a demographic group weren't under qualified, then they wouldn't have to mandate hiring a set number, they'd just hire them based on qualifications.
That's not true, or you're being disingenuous

Shaquanda Wallace might have the same qualifications ad John Wilson, but many hiring managers have hidden/subconscious bias that they can't get over the name

Explain what?

DEI = Racist & Discriminatory

You're making choices based solely on race and gender.

I'm very pro Equality of Opportunity. I've said this several times. Well meaning lefties think they're solving a problem with their DEI goals. But it fails miserably in the real world. And if you're selecting an inferior candidate because of race or gender, then you should be sued into oblivion. And I made a lengthy post earlier with my experience in my field. I also have experience with helping a friend from the Islands get his MBE Certification. He's an excellent subcontractor, but General Contractors for years have been begging him to get his MBE so he can help them meet their MWBE goals. After I helped him get his certification, he's able to submit bids up to 50% higher than his competitors because they need his participation to meet City and Federal goals. lol... Honestly, I'm glad I helped him. He's a great guy and might as well use the system to help a friend make more money even if I think the system is complete garbage. Because at its root, its discriminatory. He's being selected as a subcontractor not because his bid is lower than the next guy, it's because he's black and meets a MBE quota. Oh well... fuck those other white subcontractors right? lol... Y'all love that shit. And if you think that, then You're the racist fuck. And there's plenty of posters who think it's perfectly acceptable to fuck over whitey because somehow we deserve it. lol

Equality and Equity are polar opposites on the spectrum. Do we need to have another discussion on Ivy League University admission criteria and how discriminatory it is?

You can think I'm idiot... lol. I don't give a fuck. But I'm not racist. Just extremely anti-discriminatory practices.
Aren't you a part of the conspiracy theorists that claim the lizard people wef are doing all this dei as part of a master plan

Now the reality is they attempted to do something, it didn't work, and they're re-adjusting like they should

That's not true, or you're being disingenuous

Shaquanda Wallace might have the same qualifications ad John Wilson, but many hiring managers have hidden/subconscious bias that they can't get over the name
If she does, then why wouldn't the hiring manager just hire whichever of them costs less to hire?

I'll just chalk this up as another instance of someone supporting DEI, but refusing to say exactly what DEI is attempting to diversify itself from.
I mean, the idea is to promote fairness, so probably to diversify from those in the organization that probably didn’t get hired on merit?

I mean, the idea is to promote fairness, so probably to diversify from those in the organization that probably didn’t get hired on merit?

You really think DEI is a movement that is focusing on getting people hired on merit?

I was under the assumption that companies were already hiring on merit but that caused an imbalance employees with similar immutable characteristics and now DEI is here to rebalance the workforce with more diverse immutable characteristics.

You really think DEI is a movement that is focusing on getting people hired on merit?

I was under the assumption that companies were already hiring on merit but that caused an imbalance employees with similar immutable characteristics and now DEI is here to rebalance the workforce with more diverse immutable characteristics.
You would like to think companies were hiring people on merit. You ever hear the term it’s not what you know, it’s who you know? Or people having connections? And how that is thrown around a lot in the business world? Shouldn’t it be the other way around if everyone was hired on merit?

The ceo of blackrock Larry fink had a son who was the ceo of a hedge fund company that Larry had stake in. Do you think they hired the best person for the job on merit? Now his son may be qualified, but what are the chances that his dad had a hand in that? Now think of how many other jobs he handed out based on merit.

nep423.jpg

You would like to think companies were hiring people on merit. You ever hear the term it’s not what you know, it’s who you know? Or people having connections? And how that is thrown around a lot in the business world? Shouldn’t it be the other way around if everyone was hired on merit?

The ceo of blackrock Larry fink had a son who was the ceo of a hedge fund company that Larry had stake in. Do you think they hired the best person for the job on merit? Now his son may be qualified, but what are the chances that his dad had a hand in that? Now think of how many other jobs he handed out based on merit.

I'm completely with you there. You won't find me complaining about people getting hired by means other than merit. Kamala, Hunter, Kushner....none of these people should be in the positions they are/were in.

But we both know that DEI isn't about hiring people based on merit. In fact it's quite the opposite.

Launched the “Count Me In” campaign to broaden our understanding of the diversity within the firm. The campaign reached 93% of our global workforce, inviting employees to voluntarily share their gender identity, sexual orientation, race and ethnicity, disability and military/veteran status, socioeconomic background, and local cultural identity.

Introduced Model Portfolios for Women to provide bespoke investment solutions for women to help them reach their financial goals and build a path towards a more prosperous future.

BlackRock has met or exceeded its goals of increasing overall Latinx and Black representation in the U.S. by 30%, well before the target date of 2024. The firm has also focused on recruiting senior-level Black and Latinx leaders but has faced challenges in improving representation at those senior levels.

The assessment also identified areas for improvement to build on our momentum. This includes strengthening our talent strategy, particularly for Black and Latinx professionals in more senior roles; offering more choices to interested clients who want to advance racial equity through their investments; and deepening our social impact and philanthropic work to support underserved communities.

If she does, then why wouldn't the hiring manager just hire whichever of them costs less to hire?

the point is there are a lot of qualified candidates that don't get the opportunities due to their background, your assumption of automatically assuming those getting opportunities are immediately underqualified is false

the point is there are a lot of qualified candidates that don't get the opportunities due to their background, your assumption of automatically assuming those getting opportunities are immediately underqualified is false

Correct, there are a lot of qualified candidates that don't get the opportunities due to their background, and that is literally what you're advocating.

If you decide before you even look at resumes that you're hiring 40% black women, how in the flying fuck would you know beforehand that 40% of the most qualified candidates are going to come from the 6% of the population with highest high school dropout rates?

Correct, there are a lot of qualified candidates that don't get the opportunities due to their background, and that is literally what you're advocating.

If you decide before you even look at resumes that you're hiring 40% black women, how in the flying fuck would you know beforehand that 40% of the most qualified candidates are going to come from the 6% of the population with highest high school dropout rates?
i'm not advocating for anything, but your assumption that anyone from a diverse background automatically is less qualified is false

you're so scared and extrapolated the worst and act if that's the reality that is implemented

Why are you terrified of merit based hiring?
Funny how there were no concerns about "merit" when it was only white people allowed to hold positions of power and good paying jobs.

Was "merit" being considered for the hundreds of years that only white people could be corporate executives/senators/presidents/governors/professional athletes/pilots/etc? 🤣

Fuckin idiot lmao

Funny how there were no concerns about "merit" when it was only white people allowed to hold positions of power and good paying jobs.

Was "merit" being considered for the hundreds of years that only white people could be corporate executives/senators/presidents/governors/professional athletes/pilots/etc? 🤣

Fuckin idiot lmao

So discrimination was wrong in the past, but noe discrimination is good? LoL.

Thanks for playing.

Fuckin idiot lmao
You do know sherdog.com didn't exist hundreds of years ago, nor has that poster, right?

What percentage of the population do you think become president, which is an elected position? There have been black senators for over 150 years.

So discrimination was wrong in the past, but noe discrimination is good? LoL.

Thanks for playing.
That's not what anyone said. I'm pointing out the reality of your racism, which is that there were ZERO concerns about "merit" when it was only white people. Your concern trolling is just racism, is the point.

i'm not advocating for anything, but your assumption that anyone from a diverse background automatically is less qualified is false

you're so scared and extrapolated the worst and act if that's the reality that is implemented
But you understand the point he's making, yes? Forced DEI will make it so that a "Jon Smith" will be overlooked for a "Shaniqua". If it's bad one way, it's bad both ways. Especially when it's not organic, and is being incentivized by nothing more than greed. At that point, the higher ups are just checking boxes, and has little to do with merit.

Back