Black Summer on Netflix

Didnt like it. Id rather watch the last few seasons of walking dead again than this shit.

I enjoyed it. Much more hectic take on the zombie survival type shows.

People over all are more idiotic though. Still the fact that so many characters are introduced, stayed with for a while then all the sudden bam, dead and a zombie is pretty cool.

I watched the first season and episode 1 of the second. There's a lot of potential for it but it suffers from too many characters all doing different things to survive and because of that, there's not a lot of time to develop those characters. More time should be spent with Jamie King's character as she's the most interesting of the bunch. I might go back and finish season 2 at some point but I'm a little over the show.

I thought both seasons were good. It's supposed to be a prequel to Z Nation, so I'm hoping they somehow tie it in.

lol seriously? I had no idea. Znation was good at first but I gave up on season 7 I think.

I liked both seasons of this show but #2 was a step up from the first season by a good margin.

Really? I thought it was one of the better Zombie series overall. No Kingdom but quite enjoyable. I loved the brutality of the second season - no one is safe!

I thought both seasons were good. It's supposed to be a prequel to Z Nation, so I'm hoping they somehow tie it in.

You mentioned Z Nation and you didn't @ me??

th

:)

I watched season 1 and then completely forgot everything about it. Wasn't until season 2 shows up on my recommendations that I was like, oh yeah, I kinda remember that.

So yeah, entirely forgettable.

Really? Z Nation seemed to have a crazy storyline, but much better characters. At least more likeable.
lol seriously? I had no idea. Znation was good at first but I gave up on season 7 I think.

I liked both seasons of this show but #2 was a step up from the first season by a good margin.

Yeah, they reference Black Summer in Z Nation (@Strychnine). I distinctly remember Warren saying it a couple of times. I think a few of the production people from ZN are associated with BS.

Isn’t that what the walking dead basically is?

I guess . . . TWD just seems to have more drama. Black Summer goes through the plot much faster. Or seems to.

what happened to whiteboy summer? goddamn netflix

Yeah, they reference Black Summer in Z Nation (@Strychnine). I distinctly remember Warren saying it a couple of times. I think a few of the production people from ZN are associated with BS.

I remember reading something along those lines as well. I feel no tie in yet but that's fine. I like it as is.

Also Kingdom did a 90min? Special just recently. Tie-in/prequil.

Prolly my fav Zombie series to date.

I never made it thru z Nation. Black summer was a little better. I made it thru but ki da meh.

I watched the first season and episode 1 of the second. There's a lot of potential for it but it suffers from too many characters all doing different things to survive and because of that, there's not a lot of time to develop those characters. More time should be spent with Jamie King's character as she's the most interesting of the bunch. I might go back and finish season 2 at some point but I'm a little over the show.

this was more of a feature than a bug for me

I liked how we are just thrown into situations with minimal context and that no character felt safe from death

I watched both seasons. enjoyed them both. will watch a 3rd season if they do it.

the series is average overall but I liked it. just something to watch, enjoy and then not think much more about until the next season comes out

Only seen season one. Tbh it wasn't very good, but I did enjoy it lol. Probably helps that zombies are my favorite horror trope, and it had a certain quirkiness to it that I enjoyed.

Back