Black Summer on Netflix

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
I just started watching this show. Anyone here watch it?

Anyone else annoyed as fuck about the korean lady? She's fucking speaking korean to everyone even though none of em fucking understand korean and nobody's telling her to shut the fuck up. It's a zombified world, nobody got time to be fucking politically correct. People are getting eaten.

The show is hella dumb and I'm not even going bother watching season 2

The zombies looked like they were doing bad acting in the preview still images so I never even gave it a try.

I'm also at the point where I have no interest in watching anything to do with zombies for the rest of time unless it's a sequel to 28 Weeks Later.

Last edited:
I thought both seasons were good. It's supposed to be a prequel to Z Nation, so I'm hoping they somehow tie it in.

It was OK. Well Season 1 was OK. I thought season 2 was frickin' stupid but I watched it and it had enough good moments where I stuck with it. It basically gets ruined b/c the main character woman is a complete dumbass.

I watched both Seasons - enjoyed them but not something that I'd go back and watch again

Seems a lot of people are watching this show but hardly anyone thinks it's very good.

Gave up after 4-5 episodes in Season 1. Way better shows out there to watch. Best shows I have seen with that theme are foreign:
1. Kingdom--TERRIFIC show , Korean, English Subtitles
2. Sweet Home-More monsters that zombies, Korean, very fun
3. Dead Set-UK Very well done, limited series, great binge
4. The Rain-Danish Post apoc. great cast
5. Katla-Icelandic show, more a drama, very unique.

The whole show is about this korean lady having conversations in korean to people who don't understand korean. Not about zombies.

Gave up after 4-5 episodes in Season 1. Way better shows out there to watch. Best shows I have seen with that theme are foreign:

Dead Set was brilliant one of my favourite shows of all time!

The show is hella dumb and I'm not even going bother watching season 2

I hate watched Season 2 just to finish it out . . . it has some of the dumbest characters in a zombie show.

I thought both seasons were good. It's supposed to be a prequel to Z Nation, so I'm hoping they somehow tie it in.

Really? Z Nation seemed to have a crazy storyline, but much better characters. At least more likeable.

Already had a few of these on my watchlist . . . thanks for the others.

I just started watching this show. Anyone here watch it?

Anyone else annoyed as fuck about the korean lady? She's fucking speaking korean to everyone even though none of em fucking understand korean and nobody's telling her to shut the fuck up. It's a zombified world, nobody got time to be fucking politically correct. People are getting eaten.

You have to continue watching the show to understand why..

Also, fantastic show.. would recommend

I appreciated that it accurately depicted people not being able to shoot for shit, as opposed to Walking Dead where every shot is a perfect headshot.

Definitely provided a completely different perspective . . .

I don’t know man, I’m sure it’s good but I’m so burnt out on zombie stuff it’s hard for me to get interested in it anymore.

I don’t know man, I’m sure it’s good but I’m so burnt out on zombie stuff it’s hard for me to get interested in it anymore.

This is a different take and focuses more on the people . . .

Back