Black people/communities in America

s karlyle

الجسر
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you all think or believe the state of the "black America" is something that can only be blamed on us as people? Like is it our fault our communities are in the conditions their in?? Solely our fault?

black Americans have had a rough history and there are arguably racist policies still in effect.

there's blatant institutional racism against Asians and pro-blacks:
Asian-Americans have to score on average about 140 points higher than white students, 270 points higher than Hispanic students and 450 points higher than African-American students to equal their chances of gaining admission to Harvard. The exam is scored on a 2400-point scale.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/asian-american-organizations-seek-federal-probe-of-harvard-admission-policies-1431719348

Do you all think or believe the state of the "black America" is something that can only be blamed on us as people? Like is it our fault our communities are in the conditions their in?? Solely our fault?

When you say, "blamed on us", who are you referring to?

tumblr_nad7odBQCh1sqk7opo2_250.gif

Our fault? Who are you talking about here? If you're referring to human beings then yes it is human beings fault for the decisions made as a whole.

If you're looking to blame White people as a whole for the "problem" then you're probably barking up the wrong tree because most people, not just White people, are tired of hearing that excuse.

If you want to go back into history and define points of impact, well, you could very well do that, but not everything is so cut and dry when referring to a topic like this.

'The "black america"?

THE part hints at something already.

Well considering YOUR ancestors owned slaves i guess yes you are partly to blame.
Though the government is to blame in recent times.
In on 1st page of shit storm thread.

If I understand the OP correctly (and let me know if I'm not), of course not. Every minority living in a poor inner city was born into it and is a product of the society in which he/she was raised. If you raise children in desperate, poverty and crime ridden neighborhoods, how do you expect them to survive?

There is nothing inherently ingrained in minorities that make them prone to criminal behavior, it is a societal issue.

Its stupid on both sides
Black people who hide behind supersticious stupidity, hate and ignorance with "its our culture" and white people who either coddle or condemn all black people for "their culture".

If you define a single person by collective standards or assign yourself collective standards, you are an idiot

I'm sure you created this thread with nothing but the best of intentions.

the blame game thread ftw!

Not blaming any one for anything. Just curious to read peoples opinions. I think people should be held accountable for their actions. I also believe it's impossible to fix a problem with out first acknowledging it.

'The "black america"?

THE part hints at something already.

Well considering YOUR ancestors owned slaves i guess yes you are partly to blame.
Though the government is to blame in recent times.
In on 1st page of shit storm thread.

Africans owned Africans as slaves and sold them to White people. Where does the blame start?

I mean members and products of the urban communities.

What about black people who don't live in urban communities - suburbanites and rural communities? Aren't they part of the black America you're referencing?

What about black people who don't live in urban communities - suburbanites and rural communities? Aren't they part of the black America you're referencing?

Yes they are. But there are not many prominent "mostly black" suburbs or "nice" areas. But there are tons of "urban areas" or poor areas filled with blacks. I was speaking more to that aspect.

Its stupid on both sides
Black people who hide behind supersticious stupidity, hate and ignorance with "its our culture" and white people who either coddle or condemn all black people for "their culture".

If you define a single person by collective standards or assign yourself collective standards, you are an idiot

I agree. But you really didn't answer the question.

No. It's impossible to precisely say what portion of a result in a complex environment can be attributed to each input. There is blame to be had at the individual and community level. However, black Americans have had a rough history and there are arguably racist policies still in effect.

Unfortunately, the perpetual state of dependency and low expectations created by the black communities Democratic Party masters is hurting more than helping.

All that said, if the community truly valued life (a huge portion don't), hard work, stability, and education there wouldn't be dangers in the so-called hood regardless of attempts by The Man™ to keep y'all down.

Back