• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

We all know why there are no negaticr reviews of black panther . All films get bad reviews, even the best films get bad reviews. The only reason there are no bad reviews is because anyone who says anything bad about a silly superhero movie will be branded racist.

Except there are some negative reviews.

Couldn't tell you. But how about the entire gangsta rap genre of music.
Yes that sub-genre does in many cases glorifies douchebag and criminal behavior. Some of it just reflects or observers the life.

Who here actually cares about Rotten Tomatoes reviews? Or for that matter any critic's opinion?

I watch movies if it looks like appealing, based on a synopsis of the movie and trailers. Usually I have been right on pre-judging a movie.
I couldn't care less about what someone else thinks of a movie. Except of course for @Dragonlordxxxxx

Extremely small amount and recent. It is a good superhero movie. Normally it would have a slew of negative reviews

If you are aware of it then it makes more sense to say that there are few instead of saying that there are none. Hyperbole in form of false facts doesn't help the point get over.

This article puts it better than I'm capable of.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/everything-you-never-knew-about-the-making-of-conan-the-1686337892
Also watch Conan unchained.

I'd actually read that before. Nothing in it suggests that the film was being made as film seeking critical acclaim. It was originally motivated as a vehicle to capitalize on Arnold's raw magnetism and physical presence.

Pressman, intrigued by Arnold Schwarzenegger's screen presence, wondered aloud about the possibility of making a film built around the human special effect that was Arnie at the time. Summer immediately suggested an adaptation of Robert Howard's Conan stories.

Why are people crying about online reviews.

Who the fuck cares. This is your reason for not liking the movie or boycotting it. Cause of online rotten tomato hype.

I call bullshit on that being the reason this movie rustles so many people.

If you are aware of it then it makes more sense to say that there are few instead of saying that there are none. Hyperbole in form of false facts doesn't help the point get over.

In the beginning there were literally no bad reviews. Something unheard of. I'm just explaining why that happened. We all know it is true.

A critic just needs to break down why they liked something and why they didn't like something else so the reader/viewer can understand it and put it in relation to his own preferences. There's nothing objective about the quality of film, so they only thing you can objectively do is just describe things that are there. Critics aren't just people employed by fancy outlets either, it ranges from that to schmoes on Youtube.

Of course you get more hits if you're popular, but looking at the highest earners in recent film history (recent, as I'm not doing adjusted) there's certainly not all super high reviewed films.

A high RT score just makes it more likely to at least like something as that film has catered to a wide array of critics. For a more detailed recommendation it's far better to find a critic that you like (whether it's due to similar taste, or that you get a lot out how he explains things) and go by that.

Have a good one dude.

I watched Conan when i was 4 or 5... And knew I wanted to be a meat head for the rest of my days...

Movies have power, just depends on the person.

It is an art form and art is suppose to stick with you, register something in you.

But there is a difference between consuming something for entertainment and it being a blueprint for a subculture.
I agree, the biker gang subculture is definitely very toxic and that lifestyle should not be glorified ;)

Putting one's own opinions about subjective things like film above those of others is pretentious behavior, and I have to point that out when I talk about what I think are constructive ways to go about the issue. You had all the opportunity to say why that wasn't what you were doing, or just disagreeing with my assessment, but you instead apparently got offended. That seems a bit sensitive to me.

I also personally don't see the point in being annoyed by which films critics praise, unless you try to find some objective things to support your own opinions (which is completely pointless) and wanted the support of the critics.
I've explained pretty thoroughly why I think these films are just not very good and yet they get yuge praise from critics. In a nutshell, these franchises are highly studio driven which reduces the creative control of each individual director and leads to a very similar, and bland, film-making style across the franchise. The score, the cinematography, the color palette, its all very bland and samey in the MCU. Really not very impressive films that for some reason these pleb critics eat up.

Last edited:
What are we showing pride in? It’s fake. It’s less real than wwe. It’s not black or white. It’s fantasy. If anything shouldn’t we be offended at the lack of Latinos given their representation in our total population?
lupita nyongo'o is technically Mexican =)

lupita nyongo'o is technically Mexican =)
Not to mention there are a lot of Latinos in the movies and TV.
Salma Hayek
Christina Aguilera
Cameroon Diaz
Dany Trejo
Andy Garcia
J-low
Freddie Prinze jnr
Raquel Welch
Eva Longorio
Jessica Alba
Desi Arnaz

and many many more.

I've explained pretty thoroughly why I think these films are just not very good and yet they get yuge praise from critics. In a nutshell, these franchises are highly studio driven which reduces the creative control of each individual director and leads to a very similar, and bland, film-making style across the franchise. The score, the cinematography, the color palette, its all very bland and samey in the MCU. Really not very impressive films that for some reason these pleb critics eat up.

But you haven't explained why critics should agree with you for a reason that's not pretentious, that was what I was asking for. You clearly state your own opinion as fact here, and then judge other people's opinions based on that. Your opinions about films are neither right nor wrong, and it's the same with everyone else's, so why should they necessarily line up or be described as good or bad?

As an example, my reaction when critics think differently about a film than I do I just go "OK, we think differently about that" and move on. I don't see any need to try to make my opinion out to be the right one, I'm secure enough about them, and I don't see the reason to get annoyed that people like different things.

In the end they are just films. Not exactly of similar value to society as exploits in science, medicine, etc, nor a sign of intellectual worth in the viewer.

Couldn't tell you. But how about the entire gangsta rap genre of music.

th

How come in China the actors are mostly Chinese?

How come in India, most of the bollywood actors are Indian?

Do they not like or pass by actors of other cultures?

Will China and India reach their heights when they make films in their countries about white guys?

Hollywood and the movies were started and made great by....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back