• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Yes. It's the exact same premise but now Spider-Man's alter ego is named Miles Morales. They did it in the comics years ago but now they're producing a feature-length animated movie for theaters.

That’s not webbing!

It was okay. As far as comic movies go I Rank it about as good as Doctor Strange but not as good as The Dark Knight, or the avengers movies.

there are SJW's and guys like the posters below and they are flip sides of the exact same coin but do not realize it.

They are typically creating fake issues and then arguing against them as if that is the debate being had by other people who are not them or part of either of those sides.

Both the guys clearly below are not even interested in understanding what the discussion is about outside the extremists creating their own issues and when its explained to them they quickly move past it and back to the same talking points like this is a political debate.

I honestly see nothing in that dude to be offended about. There are people like that.
There have been black people in every role. Villain, hero, goofball, idiot, genius etc....

I haven't seen this movie but this SJW nonsense because there is a black guy in the lead role is embarrassing. We should have moved beyond this shit by now. Stuff like this brings it home to me how many people out there will never allow us to have any sort of equality.

I mean really, its like a nation wide celebration because black people are in a movie. Its ridiculous.
Is this a real discussion, or is it like Rotten Tomatoes and Facebook, where if you give a negative review of the movie they will ban your account?

And yet Western civilizations have prospered while Africa remains a "shithole" as Trump puts it bluntly. When Europe was undergoing industrial revolution, most of Africa was still stuck in tribal societal cultures. Where did I say Africa is a country? You might want to check your reading comprehension. Name a single country in Africa that's remotely on par with the Western world, in terms of HDI, life expectancy or literacy.

South Africa pre invasion and destruction.

Thought it would be trash, ended up being a GOAT-tier marvel movie.

"I'm not racist but I feel the need to voice my displeasure and annoyance at the popularity and acclaim that this movie full of black people is getting"

Bit more complicated than that skippy From all accounts the movie is good it is all the political talk and blogs and what not that have people voicing displeasure as far as I can tell

My gripe with the blog type shit is i think tribal words and thinking are bad and afrofuturism and such does not pass my if you put the word white in here would people go ape shit test. We dont need more racial pride and tribalism we need less.

The fact that this offends you does more to validate the position you are decrying than anything.

Also, just the term "black panther" and it being used to celebrate black identity is kind of significant on its own, since so many people have been taught growing up that a "black panther" is a evil, black supremacist terrorist or thug (as opposed to a coalition of black people trying to advocate for their communities in the face of varying levels of racism).

Do you have any black friends, especially one that is into super heroes? If you do, maybe ask them its significance to them, instead of writing it off as silly.

@Seano is correct. My facebook is filled with black people wearing fucking African clothing in front of the movie theater. It's embarrassing that these people have so much pride in a made up country on a continent they will never even visit just because most of the people who live these are the same color as them.

@Seano is correct. My facebook is filled with black people wearing fucking African clothing in front of the movie theater. It's embarrassing that these people have so much pride in a made up country on a continent they will never even visit just because most of the people who live these are the same color as them.

I equated this to being being as dumb as culturally appropriating shit from Hoth or Tatooine in Star Wars. It's really stupid.

I equated this to being being as dumb as culturally appropriating shit from Hoth or Tatooine in Star Wars. It's really stupid.

The difference is star war people are a tiny % of the population. Black Panther is main stream black culture right now.

What about 'Spawn'. He is a black comic character, and there was also a movie made.

Last edited:
Or you can just have an Australian make a movie off of a book about a Scot, whose author just made shit up, and then have the nation use that film as an inspiration for independence.

th

You know that Afrofuturism is about identity and aspirations for the African diaspora, right?

Holy shit. This is hilarious.

How did a Marvel movie trigger an entire nation. lmao. We are so divided that comic book movies cause a shit storm.

We are failing as a nation.

I want to point out that while you just described the black panther silliness really well you also owned the fuck out of these dudes just now

charlottesville-nazi-480x279.jpg

thats exactly why racial politics and pride are retarded

I want to point out that while you just described the black panther silliness really well you also owned the fuck out of these dudes just now

charlottesville-nazi-480x279.jpg

thats exactly why racial politics and pride are retarded

Agreed. I absolutely hate racists no matter their color. Also this picture always makes me laugh. Walking around with tiki torches from home depot hahaha

The difference is star war people are a tiny % of the population. Black Panther is main stream black culture right now.
Mainstream Black culture?? You are kidding right. It's a movie that has a lot of publicity right now, just like any blockbuster. It will die down soon.

Black people, going to movie, dressing in African garb is just a bit of fun like cosplaying.

Back