Black Belt Super Fight; Nino Schembri x Bill Cooper

JJProGear

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Black Belt Super Fight;

Nino Schembri x Bill Cooper

JiuJitsu ProGear Open San Clemente Oct 24th.

For more information go to www.jiujitsuprogearopen.com

register_banner.gif

Sick!!! My money is on Nino!!!

Cooper on points. He''ll pass Nino's guard, sick superfight

this gi or n o gi

gi my money is on Schembri

no gi i think Bill Cooper will win

I recently trained with Bill Cooper, he is good, very good. Never trained with Nino so its impossible to tell. Bill is young and might be more motivated/trains more. Sometimes BJJ legends just don't have the same heart they did when they were prime. Not saying this is happening with Nino, i expect this to be a display of technical BJJ. Can't wait to see this one...

i'll pick cooper just based on him still being so active in competition.... fantastic match up though

I usually only get excited about grappling matches during IBJJF comps or ADCC. But I have to say, I'm pretty excited about this superfight. Partly because Nino has a certain mystique to him since he doesn't compete often anymore (last time I seen him compete was @ the Fabio Santos Open).

Still, I'll be rooting for Bill Cooper.

Last edited:
with GI.

i am working on couple more superfights . I will let you guys know as soon as it is settled.

Last edited:
Nino is a legend and Bill is a modern day stud. Nino is super smooth and bill is dynamic and explosive. I think Nino is a little bigger but I don't know man I might have to go Bill. I hope it makes it to the web if I can't make it.

Nice, looking forward to seeing this one. Just curious when was the last time Elvis competed?

elvis, but only if he brings his chops back!

Nice, looking forward to seeing this one. Just curious when was the last time Elvis competed?

Nino did the Fabio Santos Open and a Grapplers Quest in April I believe. He won both of them. He's been wanting to compete alot this year but broke a couple of fingers Feb and then rebroke them in the GQ.

Thanks, Dave. Good to know!

Great fight. Kudos to the organizer. I love inter-generational matchups (Pretty sure Nino is quite a bit older than Bill).

this gi or n o gi

gi my money is on Schembri

no gi i think Bill Cooper will win

Totally agree. Kudos to the organisers, an excellent idea. Hopefully you can get some other really cool matches.

Thanks guys. We are all excited about this Super Fight as well.

We still working on couple more fights . I will let you guys know as soon as it is official. Any suggestions ?

header3.jpg

I usually only get excited about grappling matches during IBJJF comps or ADCC. But I have to say, I'm pretty excited about this superfight. Partly because Nino has a certain mystique to him since he doesn't compete often anymore (last time I seen him compete was @ the Fabio Santos Open).

Still, I'll be rooting for Bill Cooper.

I was the scorekeeper for both of Nino's fights that day. (Kinda funny, they said Nino was getting ready to fight and I asked Fabio, "which mat." He told me and I ran over there and sat down real quick so I could be the scorekeeper.) He fought Kreg Kohl (a Fabio black belt) and Steve Rosenberg (from GD Arizona.) Steve actually competed and looked good at the Mundials this year but Nino rolled through them both and made it look easy. I could barely turn the points over fast enough in one of his matches before he submitted the guy and I was like, "whoa, thank gawd," as I thought I might run out of points.

Bill is younger, probably faster and stronger, but Nino is one of those "prodigy" guys. If the years haven't taken their toll that should be one hell of a fight!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back