Black Belt Super Fight; Nino Schembri x Bill Cooper

Bill by Guillotine.

In the gi? Possible, but that would be a tough feat.

I see Cooper winning on points. He's competing more actively and at a higher level nowadays. The game is constantly evolving and Cooper is on the front lines of it. But I don't think he'll sub Nino.

I was the scorekeeper for both of Nino's fights that day. (Kinda funny, they said Nino was getting ready to fight and I asked Fabio, "which mat." He told me and I ran over there and sat down real quick so I could be the scorekeeper.) He fought Kreg Kohl (a Fabio black belt) and Steve Rosenberg (from GD Arizona.) Steve actually competed and looked good at the Mundials this year but Nino rolled through them both and made it look easy. I could barely turn the points over fast enough in one of his matches before he submitted the guy and I was like, "whoa, thank gawd," as I thought I might run out of points.

Bill is younger, probably faster and stronger, but Nino is one of those "prodigy" guys. If the years haven't taken their toll that should be one hell of a fight!!!

Ya I've trained with quite a few high level guy( Tussa, Barata, Marcio Feitosa , Kayron Gracie, Flavio Almedia, ect.) and honestly no one has made me feel more helpless and lost then Nino.

Even though he hasn't been competing much he is still an innovator and on the cutting edge of modern technique. Rolling with him is an amazing experience.

Bill Cooper is an absolute stud but don't think for a second that Nino won't be able to give him all he can handle

Thanks guys. We are all excited about this Super Fight as well.

We still working on couple more fights . I will let you guys know as soon as it is official. Any suggestions ?

How about Hilary Williams vs Penny Thomas
Lucas Lepri vs. Jeff Glover/Ryan Hall
Bruno Malfacine vs. Feliphe Costa
Kron Gracie/Paublo Popovitch vs. Lucas Leite
Renato "Bablu" vs. Tarsis Humphreys?

I may very likely do this tournament, this matchup is sweet, can hardly wait for it. Leaning towards nino, hes so good.

This is a solid list.

Thanks for the suggestions. We are already talking to some of these guys . We are getting close to get couple more super fights confirmed.

Thanks

EXCELLENT match up. In a superfight I think it is much more interesting as a fan to watch a good match up rather than just settling a grudge or rivalry. Also this is a match we wont get to see at Mudial/Pans/etc which is cool. Some of the matches I listed below are inevitable, but I would really like to see them

Ryan Hall vs Mario Reis
Andre Galvao vs Bill Cooper
Jeff Glover vs Bruno Malfacine
Bruno Frazatto vs Theodoro Canal
Braulio Estima vs Rodrigo Cavaca
JT Thomas vs Marcelo Garcia or Claudio Calasans
Michelle Nicolini vs Tracey Goodell
Robert Drysdale vs Everyone

Youth vs. Experience, definitely looking forward to this!

Ya I've trained with quite a few high level guy( Tussa, Barata, Marcio Feitosa , Kayron Gracie, Flavio Almedia, ect.) and honestly no one has made me feel more helpless and lost then Nino.

Even though he hasn't been competing much he is still an innovator and on the cutting edge of modern technique. Rolling with him is an amazing experience.

Bill Cooper is an absolute stud but don't think for a second that Nino won't be able to give him all he can handle

Your in Alb? Have you ever rolled with Jacob Benitez? I'm just curious because I know he goes up there to train.

How about Roger Gracie vs Ryan Hall & Jeff Glover

I have Nino. He is just "that guy" even if he is older now. However I couldn't think of two better grapplers that always go for the submission matching up.

Your in Alb? Have you ever rolled with Jacob Benitez? I'm just curious because I know he goes up there to train.

Yes I've trained with Jacob several times. I've visited his school once in Las Cruces. Very nice guy

Roger by choke from the mount....at the same time....yes the SAME time :icon_twis

I like it!!

And I actually have no factual reason why he couldn't actually do it? Damn him.

Yes I've trained with Jacob several times. I've visited his school once in Las Cruces. Very nice guy

Sick dude, ya he is cool. I was just curious that's all, always cool to talk to other NM dudes on here.

Back