• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BJJ Tattoos

If I was to get a tattoo representing BJJ I would add it to a piece of a montage. That way one can get a full or quarter sleeve of seperate designs that are expressive. I honestly believe that slapping on just a simple graphic design is a horrible look for tattoos. I think a persons tattoo should be customized as much as possiable and follow the shapes of ones body.

I was a tattoo artist for two years. I gained this school of thought through alot of hard work.

franz_grinder said:
If I was to get a tattoo representing BJJ I would add it to a piece of a montage. That way one can get a full or quarter sleeve of seperate designs that are expressive. I honestly believe that slapping on just a simple graphic design is a horrible look for tattoos. I think a persons tattoo should be customized as much as possiable and follow the shapes of ones body.

I was a tattoo artist for two years. I gained this school of thought through alot of hard work.

That's great advice, I'm keeping that in mind if/when I get a tat.

how long did you train with royce that you want to tatoo his logo on your body?

franz_grinder said:

you have to understand that getting a team logo tattooded on your skin is not a fashion statement, it's a testitment to one's loyalty and hard work with this speicific team and his proff.

OldSkool said:
I am the lower one, tattooed. Brown Belt at Cesar Gracie's

Why would you get that tat being a Cesar Brown Belt? That's not even his symbol?

Also, I believe Cesar only has 4 Brown Belts, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Jake Sheilds and Gil Castilo.. Which are you?

Its not BJJ specific, but how about PANKRATION, but in the original greek letters.

elcapitan said:
seems like the best bet is to get a real general politicaly corect tattoo like; "martial arts" or "sport"

Uh, who would honestly consider getting a tattoo that reads "sport"?

i would only get a tat of a certain association if i trained with them for a long time and got a black belt from them.

jericksen5 said:
Anyone have any cool tattoos representing BJJ? I was thinking about getting one, would like to see whats out there. Post pics of your tats, or fighters tats for bjj.

I have "bushido" in kanji tattooed down my left pec.

Look at Arona's tats if you want to see some "jiu-jitsu" stuff though

And I would save any jiu-jitsu tattoes until/if I get my black belt

Tattooed said:
I have a school tattoo on my chest which is incorporated into a sleeve. I got it because bjj changed my life mentally and physically (lost 45 lbs). I was a complete mess for a long time before I started. My ink is a badge I wear proudly no matter what anyone thinks. Even if I have a falling out and leave the school, nothing can ever change what it has done for me at a tough time in m life.

word

Fighter ex said:
If god wanted you to have tattoos you would have been born with them.

If god wanted you to fight, you would of been born a fighter and not a knob.

As for everyone else,

I have plenty of tats and they are for me as memories. I will always know exactly where I was in my life when I got this one and that one. Who gives a hoot what you think of them.

As for the lot of you that think you need tats to be a badass or appear to be something you are not, I truly pity your miserable pathetic little lives.

Do not ask others for their opinion on a specific tat. It is your body, your specific moment and memory in time.

Just make sure you check out the credibility of the tattoo artist you will choose. Make sure they follow proper hygiene and have the certificates to prove it.

Never use a scratcher ( someone that works out of his kitchen, basement or garage) to do your tat. Always remember you get what you pay for. It will be in your skin for life so PLEASE DO NOT BE CHEAP!

Originally Posted by Tattooed
I have a school tattoo on my chest which is incorporated into a sleeve. I got it because bjj changed my life mentally and physically (lost 45 lbs). I was a complete mess for a long time before I started. My ink is a badge I wear proudly no matter what anyone thinks. Even if I have a falling out and leave the school, nothing can ever change what it has done for me at a tough time in m life.

pics!!!

blanko said:
you have to understand that getting a team logo tattooded on your skin is not a fashion statement, it's a testitment to one's loyalty and hard work with this speicific team and his proff.

Oh no, I understand. I stated my opinion on a way to get a tattoo done. I wasn't stating a blanket rule or anything of that sort.

I don't have any tats at all, yet. I drew up a tool-erific design several months ago and posted it here. Thankfully, the guys here set me straight. It would have made a horrible tat.

I don't plan on getting one any time soon, but if / when I do it will be something symbolic but simple. Like a basic triangle design with the brazillian flag (or at least its colors) inside of it.

If I get a tatoo it will be just octopuss like this one:
1260oq.png

1197vp.png

1178zn.png

Eduardo has coolest tatoos eva!

Samurai Jack said:
If I get a tatoo it will be just octopuss like this one:

Eduardo has coolest tatoos eva!

I had a sub-grappler come into my shop once and he wanted to get a tattoo representing grappling I suggested an Octopus and we worked this one out.

erinpus1-and-3.jpg
\

Edit: It was also a big Cover-up so it's not my best work.

Back