BJJ Scout: Conor McGregor v Dustin Poirier 2 Preview Study: Defensive Choices Matter

I usually don't bother with these video with robot voices, but there's alot of good analysis here.

In summary, it says Conor has a massive advantage in striking. Not exactly breaking news.

BJJ scout fapping on Conor's striking again. Nothing new or intresting here.

If you mean it's not his temperament to NOT get drawn into fire fights I agree of you mean the opposite I completely disagree . He gets drawn into wild exchanges all the time it's one of the reasons why he's very hittable

Yeah, it’s pretty evident, regardless of why, Dustin always seems to find himself in a firefight, squaring-up and throwing punches when boxed in, this is the LAST thing you want happening against the surgical McGregor.

The only chance I give Dustin is if he admits to himself that he’s got nothing on Conor’s boxing, and simply does the “cowardly” (I don’t personally think it’s cowardly) and covers up, don’t exchange punches ever, kick, move, attempt a takedown, kick, move, and stay on his feet for 2 rounds, and even then, after 2 rounds, respect Conor and emphasize kicks and grappling, absolutely no punches as he does not have Nate’s reach or chin.

Pisses me off though, I fear Dustin’s boxing coach is decent but again, Dustin does fall prey to squaring-up.

Yeah, it’s pretty evident, regardless of why, Dustin always seems to find himself in a firefight, squaring-up and throwing punches when boxed in, this is the LAST thing you want happening against the surgical McGregor.

The only chance I give Dustin is if he admits to himself that he’s got nothing on Conor’s boxing, and simply does the “cowardly” (I don’t personally think it’s cowardly) and covers up, don’t exchange punches ever, kick, move, attempt a takedown, kick, move, and stay on his feet for 2 rounds, and even then, after 2 rounds, respect Conor and emphasize kicks and grappling, absolutely no punches as he does not have Nate’s reach or chin.

Pisses me off though, I fear Dustin’s boxing coach is decent but again, Dustin does fall prey to squaring-up.
I think he could use his jab sparingly simply to gage distance and set up his kicks but besides that i completely agree thats what he has to do to win this fight and i just dont see him doing it . Justin will probably lose and the fucked up thing is that hes a better fighter overall.

Huh, fuck the queen(both literally and figuratively).
If you wanna take the literal part for the team, be my guest.
The queen is a bit haggard these days, but I'll take Markle instead. She will never go back to that ugly red headed boy after that.

Conor will just offer Poirier his neck on a platter should he gas. His ego is too big to risk getting ko'ed

Or if Conor feels too gassed, he'll simply cover-up, not fire any shots and wait for a mercy stoppage.

This dude's been ducking a post-fight breakdown of khabib v Conor for two years
This is the honest truth lol. Love BJJ Scout, he does some masterful analysis, but he has deff been ducking that breakdown of how Khabib came in and crushed Conor.lmao.

This is the honest truth lol. Love BJJ Scout, he does some masterful analysis, but he has deff been ducking that breakdown of how Khabib came in and crushed Conor.lmao.
That's true. S/he still gets asked about it too.

I'd love to see his/her analysis and what s/he learned from the fight.

Last edited:

bruh he did excactly what we said he needed to do <Lmaoo>

You you're sound mate. But your mate can fuck off.
yeah, I'm not posting his vids anymore haha.

It was a good analysis but fook it. I enjoyed it but yeah, I think some of these guys don't value in the cage competition and the grit of fighters. They're all x's and Os. I see that now.

Don't hold your breath on any Dustin/Conor breakdown now either lol.

Back