BJJ Kumite. The BJJ Kumite: Garry Tonon vs AJ Agazarm NoGi

Tried to embed this in the Kumite thread but it didnt work for whatever reason. Great match, much more entertaining than most black belt super high level fights. I can't wait to see the rest of the matches

holy fuck! aweeesome match! where is this guy garry tonon from?

It was a great match, and some of the transitions were nice.

sick, can tell they had matches earlier, that match was straight heart and grit. beautiful transition

at first I thought, aj is doing some grappling fucking, then, oh shit... I love no gi sub only...

Saw this earlier. Was really great fun to watch and looked awesome. I like AJ so it's a shame he didn't pick up the win but it showed how capable they both are. Great match.

2:40 was basically "The Flying Squirrel"? If I remember it right

this is what grappling matches should look like...clear winner, clear worldclass sportsmanship between fighters after the match. this is a good thing we have going here...

yeah, but flying squirrel was around the barrel of the body, this was into a front headlock.

I trained for 4 years, twice a day with the guy who invented the flying squirrel. It is a front headlock the way he does it. He hit the Iranian with a reverse gut but that is not the way he ever practiced it. BTW, he never hit me with that shit.

I seen Aj grapple live before when he was a purple belt in a submission only match against a brown belt, it was one of the best matches I've ever seen.
found it.

Last edited:
glad to see this guy Tonon get some exposure. everybody in the bjj world pretty much knows AJ

glad to see this guy Tonon get some exposure. everybody in the bjj world pretty much knows AJ

he won no gi worlds
249290_557081304307206_918862399_n.jpg

and he beat AJ before at no gi pans
542242_538210299527640_1058261723_n.jpg

holy fuck! aweeesome match! where is this guy garry tonon from?

Tom DeBlass, then Ricardo Almeida, now trains at Renzo's.

That was awesome, such heart. That's why sub only with no time limits can be awesome. In a normal match AJ dominated on points.

Back