BJJ Kumite. The BJJ Kumite: Garry Tonon vs AJ Agazarm NoGi

http://thebjjkumite.com/

The website said Garry was supposed to have faced Keenan already? And it has about a dozen competitors, whereas the promo talks about hundreds. What exactly is the deal with this thing?

http://thebjjkumite.com/

The website said Garry was supposed to have faced Keenan already? And it has about a dozen competitors, whereas the promo talks about hundreds. What exactly is the deal with this thing?

They chose the dozen out of hundreds of names that were suggested I believe?

It was each of the dozen guys faces everyone else in gi and no gi. So 22 matches a piece for everyone? My math is bad though. By the end of day 2 there had been about 90 subs. I don't know how they formatted it

They chose the dozen out of hundreds of names that were suggested I believe?

It was each of the dozen guys faces everyone else in gi and no gi. So 22 matches a piece for everyone? My math is bad though. By the end of day 2 there had been about 90 subs. I don't know how they formatted it

Exactly. Which makes it sound like they just did a massive tournament instead or something.

Anyway, Lloyd promised we'd get to see all the matches.

In a normal match AJ dominated on points.

But sub only changes, or can change, the entire dynamic and pacing of the fight. To say AJ dominated on points is incorrect, because who's to say a points match would have looked anything like the match we saw.

But sub only changes, or can change, the entire dynamic and pacing of the fight. To say AJ dominated on points is incorrect, because who's to say a points match would have looked anything like the match we saw.

True, we would never know. I'm a big fan of sub only.

he won no gi worlds
249290_557081304307206_918862399_n.jpg

and he beat AJ before at no gi pans
542242_538210299527640_1058261723_n.jpg

this doesn't mean AJ isn't more known than the Gary guy...just look at the sponsor differential:eek:

Exactly. Which makes it sound like they just did a massive tournament instead or something.

Anyway, Lloyd promised we'd get to see all the matches.

I do believe that somehow we will get to see at least most of the matches. Don't know how they're gonna do it yet though.

I'm sure we'll get to see all of Keenan's, haha.

what is this 12P gis and gear that all the LI guys have been wearing lately? is this Lloyd's brand just for his guys or something?

Back