BJJ in the York area

blink_man182

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to be going to York University this coming September and I was just wondering what the best BJJ schools/ MMA schools are in the area.

Things to concider
-Theres a subway in the University
-University first year budget, so price can't be too high

Thanks

Edit- York is a part of Toronto

Toronto BJJ

Kombat Arts

Both will be a travel about 30 minutes either way

Toronto BJJ might be closer.

Toronto BJJ is the school I've been looking at the most so far. Looks really good.

Since i'm not familiar with the subway system. Is it possible to get from York University to Toronto BJJ by Subway?

Toronto BJJ is the school I've been looking at the most so far. Looks really good.

Since i'm not familiar with the subway system. Is it possible to get from York University to Toronto BJJ by Subway?

Yeah...You can get there by Subway....Right near Christie Station on the Bloor Line...

There's also Guerilla Gym formerly known as Kombat Fitness....
Located at Runnymede and St Clair...Also accessible by the TTC...
From York University...You can take the Keele or Jane bus south to St Clair and walk from there...
Good instructors and I think its quite a bit cheaper than Toronto BJJ....

Yeah...You can get there by Subway....Right near Christie Station on the Bloor Line...

There's also Guerilla Gym formerly known as Kombat Fitness....
Located at Runnymede and St Clair...Also accessible by the TTC...
From York University...You can take the Keele or Jane bus south to St Clair and walk from there...
Good instructors and I think its quite a bit cheaper than Toronto BJJ....

Toronto BJJ

Kombat Arts

Both will be a travel about 30 minutes either way

Toronto BJJ might be closer.

Unless you have a car you can forget about training at Kombat Arts....
Its located in Mississauga

It will take you forever to get there by Public Transit...

Forgot one thing....

Recommend you try the "Free Day Tryouts" of any gym and see if you like the gym or not before signing a contract any committing any money....

Oh yeah, One more thing....

Would recommend you use the "Free TryOut Day" before you sign a contract or commit any money....

Get a feel for the training as well as the instructors and students....

Somethings screwy with the forum today...

If there's double posts or repetitive posts from me....Sorry bout that....

Been trying to get the same post placed on this thread and its not appearing for some reason even though it states that its been posted....:mad:

Will try later if it doesn't appear....

There's also Victory Fight Club at Weston road and Hwy. 7 which is considerably closer than the other gyms.

Back