bjj in novi michigan

I would recommend Warrior Way. It is my understanding that you don't know what you are talking about. They have people of all skill levels, and I have seen there guys of all levels compete. Some are good, some are less good, some are athletic, some are not so much.

Do they concentrate more on the sport>self defense?

Do they concentrate more on the sport>self defense?

Sport BJJ. They also have MT and MMA there as well. But the times I've dropped in I didn't get a "meat head" impression. There's definitely all kinds there, from MMA fighters to 50 year olds trying to get in better shape. I got the feeling that most of the guys there are your average BJJ hobbyists. Everyone was nice, no one seemed dickish or rolled unnecessarily hard.

Andy Troia, purple belt under Caique, trains under black belt Don Richard from Mash Gym.

I would recommend Warrior Way. It is my understanding that you don't know what you are talking about. They have people of all skill levels, and I have seen there guys of all levels compete. Some are good, some are less good, some are athletic, some are not so much.

And all I'm gonna say is that my experience is diffrent than what you're saying.
I'm not the one trying to start something on sherdog... I'm just giving my honest opinion.

And all I'm gonna say is that my experience is diffrent than what you're saying.
I'm not the one trying to start something on sherdog... I'm just giving my honest opinion.

Is it bad that they are a competition school?

Is it bad that they are a competition school?

From seeing there guys compete personally, and talking to their students face to face, not second hand; they have a wide variety of competitors from very in shape conditioned guys, to your everyday guy that still wants to compete some. They are a competitive school, but not anymore than any other school. If I lived on that side of the state, I would train at Warrior Way for sure.

If I were going to join a gym right now it would be Mash Gym. Not only are their facilities better than any I've seen, they have some of the best instructors in the area in Don Richard (BJJ/MMA) and Matee Jedeepitak (MT).

If I were going to join a gym right now it would be Mash Gym. Not only are their facilities better than any I've seen, they have some of the best instructors in the area in Don Richard (BJJ/MMA) and Matee Jedeepitak (MT).

That place looks great and it's about the same distance from my work as Warrior Way but it looks like Warrior Way's schedule fits with mine better.

If you're in Pontiac and you're just looking for BJJ, you can check out Metro Detroit Jiu-Jitsu as well. It's in Shelby Twp. and the instructor is a brown belt under Ricardo De La Riva.

Back