BJJ Gods Smite Maycee Barber

GnPFury

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I feel like the universe tilted back toward the side of justice last night. Maycee Barber who a few years ago falsely presented herself as a 2nd degree BJJ black belt lost to a true grappler in Roxanne Modafferi. Congrats Roxanne and I hope you learned your lesson Maycee.

In case you don't know what I'm referring to, see link below.

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/teen...elts-teach-jiu-jitsu-wearing-bjj-black-belts/

Roxanne looked like she was being possessed by an MMA demon or some shit, brutal beatdown. Fucking loved it.

Weird. If she was just a teenager then I wouldn’t be surprised if she was put up to it by someone else from her gym.

Roxanne turned Maycee "The Future" Barber into Maycee "The Future Barber".

I wonder if they put the tape on each other’s belts to make it more legit

That flower sweep was beautiful

Does that mean Roxanne Modafferi is the female avatar of BJJ's vengance? That seems appropriate somehow.

I'm glad the internet wasn't around to hold me accountable for all the stupid shit I did when I was 15.

So is spacetime/conorfacts now gonna come in and claim Roxanne is not BJJ but catch wrestling and then post

Catch Wrestling > BJJ

Oh shit. I remember that story but didn't know it was Barber.

Who cares, she was 15, and nobody should put too much importance on belt colors anyway.

Who cares, she was 15, and nobody should put too much importance on belt colors anyway.
Don't agree with this at all i'm afraid.

It was being used to make people signing up at a school believe someone coaching had a certain level of skill or experience they didn't have. People are paying money for the instruction and the perceived quality of the coaches is part of that so misrepresenting that is fraudulent bullshit. If you have blue belt coaches so what, just don't lie and say they're not blue belts or have them wear their Ari-Bolden Fu belts while teaching BJJ.

If she let someone else talk her in to doing it or did it by choice she was at fault regardless of age. Whomever ran the gym was also clearly at fault more than her as well though.

Anyway, fair play to Roxy it was a terrific performance.

Last edited:
You’d have to be pretty dumb to think a 15 year old girl in Colorado is a legit black belt anyway

She looked fat too.

Don't agree with this at all i'm afraid.

It was being used to make people signing up at a school believe someone coaching had a certain level of skill or experience they didn't have. People are paying money for the instruction and the perceived quality of the coaches is part of that so misrepresenting that is fraudulent bullshit. If you have blue belt coaches so what, just don't lie and say they're not blue belts or have them wear their Ari-Bolden Fu belts while teaching BJJ.

If she let someone else talk her in to doing it or did it by choice she was at fault regardless of age. Whomever ran the gym was also clearly at fault more than her as well though.

Anyway, fair play to Roxy it was a terrific performance.
I get what are you saying, but the obsession that bjj practitioners have about "exposing" fake black belts is hilarious.

If you trained long enough you know that belt colors means very little, undeserving people get promoted all the time and some people that really deserve it maybe don't get promoted because they don't adulate the teacher or for bulls**t political reasons.

You can go to a favela with some money and return home with a brand new "legit" black belt, meanwhile the Ruotolo brothers just got promoted to purple, that's how little belt colors means.
Being a determinate belt colors means someone is promoting or not promoting you, how legit is that guy and the moral integrity of that guy we don't know.

And lastly, if you think a 15 years old girl has the experience or the know-how to be a good teacher of anything in life, you deserve to be scammed.

I get what are you saying, but the obsession that bjj practitioners have about "exposing" fake black belts is hilarious.

If you trained long enough you know that belt colors means very little, undeserving people get promoted all the time and some people that really deserve it maybe don't get promoted because they don't adulate the teacher or for bulls**t political reasons.

You can go to a favela with some money and return home with a brand new "legit" black belt, meanwhile the Ruotolo brothers just got promoted to purple, that's how little belt colors means.
Being a determinate belt colors means someone is promoting or not promoting you, how legit is that guy and the moral integrity of that guy we don't know.

And lastly, if you think a 15 years old girl has the experience or the know-how to be a good teacher of anything in life, you deserve to be scammed.
I talking purely about the scamming aspect personally rather than the exposing fake black belts bit. My first two coaches were purple belts when i started at the two clubs i train and i had no issue with that. I was never once told different or had it implied they were anything else. Its nothing to do with skill levels, belt colours etc. its that i'd feel i can't trust the owners or coaches at the gym.

If i was at that club and found out i'd been misled and lied to no matter how great the coaching might be i'd leave instantly. The same with any other business; if you were paying money for a service and they made you believe they were a certified plumber/piano teacher/brain surgeon etc. when it was a lie i'd feel exactly the same. You're being scammed by people you've trusted, what other lies are they telling and how else are they ripping you off? They shouldn't be doing it, be honest with the people paying you.

I'm training ten years and have experienced everything you're taking about related to promotions and belts. I'm talking about how i'd feel as a customer of the gym or somebody who does bjj in the general sense rather than joining the BJJ Police.

Back