BJJ GI - Questions

Ask someone at your gym, it's far easier that way.

triggertap79 said:
this is off topic but I didn't want to start a whole thread to ask this. I just started training and I am getting ready to buy my first gi. What is the difference between the bleached and unbleached white gi's? Is it simply one is brighter?

Bleached gis are white where unbleached are more yellowish. I prefer the non-bleached.

Gsoares2 said:
im 6'2 215 and a little chubby and i wear an A3... you bought too big of a gi.... that is all.

I can wear an unwashed A2 and its still legal.

I have an A4 and it fits ok but its a little big in the mid section and the pants were to my heals.

If I'm not mistaken, the threadstarter has a size 6 Judo gi (or something else in "traditional sizing"). The A3 Jiu-jitsu gi you have is sized entirely differently.

I'm 5' 11' and about 180. I have an unbleached Judo gi that's a 5. Fits me fine. I also have a bleached white gi in an A3 size. Fits well also. Are my assumptions correct?

Also, is your A3 a Krugan's by any chance? I'm wanting to buy one, and I thought A3 would work for me, if it fits you at your size, I might want to get an A2. - Or shrink the hell out of it.

possenti said:
If I'm not mistaken, the threadstarter has a size 6 Judo gi (or something else in "traditional sizing"). The A3 Jiu-jitsu gi you have is sized entirely differently.

I'm 5' 11' and about 180. I have an unbleached Judo gi that's a 5. Fits me fine. I also have a bleached white gi in an A3 size. Fits well also. Are my assumptions correct?

Also, is your A3 a Krugan's by any chance? I'm wanting to buy one, and I thought A3 would work for me, if it fits you at your size, I might want to get an A2. - Or shrink the hell out of it.

the size differences are not that big of a deal.. you just wear a much larger gi in judo on average. YOu can get away with a much smaller gis in jiu jitsu. i have a friend who is 6'2 and wears an a'2 but never drys it ever... its hardly regulation legal but he wears it in tournamnets.

I used to wear a 5 in judo also.. actualy a 5.5 but it fit a little too big

so........what size gi should somebody that is 6'2" 210 lbs get? According to Atama's chart I should get an A4. Is that right?

sounds about right. your Gi ends up forming to you in some ways, especially the tighter fit that grapplers prefer over judo practitioners. If it is big, dry it in the dryer, those things have an amazing tendency to shrink and shrink, when you like the way its fitting you, try to dry it in air, clothes line or whatever. A little time in the sun never hurt the smell of a Gi either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back