BJJ does it again........Street Fight video.

So poor technique jokes aside, how can you definitively tell that this is Sambo and not BJJ?

Thank you. I was under the impression that a triangle choke was bjj. Maybe it originated as a Sambo move though. ummmm

So poor technique jokes aside, how can you definitively tell that this is Sambo and not BJJ?

They are assuming based on the language being used and hearing the name Sergei.

Not sure how else you could tell

The accents? lol

Nah, I just see a lot of things being looked over that you would think a BJJ guy would do, the sweep opportunities, the triangle didn't go for the angle..and even when he stayed squared didn't even ATTEMPT to pull the arm across...Like I thought at first..maybe just because he was new..but the accents, poor technique and popularity of sambo in that country leads me to believe it is probably sambo..but your right..who knows?

HAHA nice vid. Be nice to eachother man, no need to be calling eachother retards over such petty stuff.

Thank you. I was under the impression that a triangle choke was bjj. Maybe it originated as a Sambo move though. ummmm

Well I thought the way he fought for high guard, controlled the shoulders and seem to considered a sweep all pointed towards bjj. Sambo guys dont use the guard if im correct. On a side note there is a video on youtube of a fight on an NYC train.....it is very volient and women are struck by men in it (so i wont post it). The video is a week old and I felt bad for the guy who did not know how to defend himself.

Then he can learn horrendous knife defense as well. Total street preparation.

He says if someone pulls a knife and you can run, do it, that's excellent advice. As for the technique in that video, I have no idea. I've only done the combative. Are you saying the combative program has poor technique? I'm not quite sure of your point here.

I think someone in the fight was Chechen, or Dagestani or something. I heard the name Mohammed.

He says if someone pulls a knife and you can run, do it, that's excellent advice. As for the technique in that video, I have no idea. I've only done the combative. Are you saying the combative program has poor technique? I'm not quite sure of your point here.

The combative program is solid stuff to know that will save your life in any one on one situation; now would I go around trying to stop fights based on my combative program knowledge......hell no.

The combative program is solid stuff to know that will save your life in any one on one situation; now would I go around trying to stop fights based on my combative program knowledge......hell no.

Umm, I agree... I wouldn't try stopping fights with any kind of MA knowledge lol, you'll just get stabbed.

Damn dude. He had the Triangle sinched. What he needed to do was either pull the guys left arm (his right side) or press the head against leg. Then he could have put him to sleep! Its details like that which are the diffrence between winning and loosing.

The knife defense technique is terrible. My point is that I wouldn't hold up the Gracie self-defense techniques as the ultimate form of self-defense.

The earlier comment was implying that sport BJJ stuff like Ryan Hall puts out is inferior to the Gracie Combatives stuff. The guy is on video using a triangle to end an encounter, and Ryan has way better details on that part than the Gracie Combatives.

Somehow, even though the triangle is a "sport" technique, that guy managed to avoid getting his groin bitten and used it effectively. Good technique is good technique, and there are a lot of resources out there that provide better technique than Gracie Combatives.

They are in Russia. This is Sambo, retard. BJJ did nothing in this video

He closed his guard, not allowed in sport sambo, and sport sambo doesn't allow chokes either

so obviously it was judo

Sounded like Farsi/Arabic to me...I also heard "Mohammed" at one point too.

This counts as bjj the same way throwing a punch makes you a boxer. If this guys training consisted of more than watching submissions101 I'd be shocked.

He closed his guard, not allowed in sport sambo, and sport sambo doesn't allow chokes either

so obviously it was judo

No dude it was clearly some ancient koryu jujutsu that was thought lost for centuries. He learned it after breaking into some Japanese guy's house to steal his samurai sword. After his only son died, he became the true heir to the art.

I know it sounds preposterous, but just line up a stack of bricks and ask him to show you the Dim Mak. After he explodes just the bottom brick, you will be a believer.

he wanted to mess the guys face up a little, not finish the triangle. nice job by him

Back