BJJ, Compete or not compete....

I think i had been doing bjj for like a month or something when i first competed. I sucked so bad and was in the -80 kg weight class when im in the

I have trained 3 mounths to my first big competition, and i have learnd more than in a year of normal training.

flyingknee16 said:
Yeah but the worst thing that can happen in a BJJ tournament is that you get submitted; you tap, you walk away with no injuries. You're not really putting anything on the line, but in a boxing match or MMA match, you can get pretty damn hurt if someone hits you HARD and continues hitting you hard and you get KOed or TKOed bad.

I'd think that the worst thing that would happen in a BJJ tournament is that you get submitted; you don't tap in time, you walk away with injuries. The last tournament i went in there were a heap of guys walking around with ice packs on their arms, there were even a couple of guys with their arms in slings and one guy got choked out, fortunately he wasn't out for too long.

While MMA and boxing may have more risk of getting injuries i wouldn't say that you're not putting anything on the line by competing in a BJJ tournament

I compete as much as I can, it's a shitload of fun. Start as early as you can, experience helps a lot.

it sucks to not compete,
and then your like a blue belt and decide to compete,
because a lot of guys you'll be facing will already had
lots of experience....

compete don't be a pussy....you'll never really know how good or bad you are

Back