BJJ Belt brands

I use a Vulkan belt and its been great. Stays tied and is soft enough to not impede movement.

I think the colour has changed on the Atamas, too.

I have a blue and it looks very purplish - to the point where I am buying a new belt to replace it (this belt was a replacement for my original blue - which I lost.)

Too bad they don't make the Vitamin and Minerals belts anymore :(

Sonnyjitsu,

I have searched far and wide for a thick, robust belt as well. HCK used to be pretty good, but they are flimsy and weak now. You might want to look into OTM/Lucki Gi belts. I've heard they are pretty thick, although I don't think they are wider than usual. But be warned OTM customer service is THE WORST.

Breakpoint has some nice thick belts. In fact mines almost too thick.... when I first got it I could never keep it tied =(

I detest gameness belts because of how damn thick they are, but from what i gather vulkan makes a nice belt.

I detest gameness belts because of how damn thick they are, but from what i gather vulkan makes a nice belt.

Gameness started making slightly thinner belts recently, so they aren't as hard to tie as before.

i just ordered a dark blue war belt from brazilianfightwear.com. i have no idea when i'll be ready to wear it, but i was inspired by the story someone told about giving the belt to their instructor for 'when their time comes', tho i doubt i'll do the same thing. i like the idea of getting a belt i've chosen, and i'd like to have it ready to wear as soon as i've earned it (as opposed to training in one belt for a month until this one comes from brazil). and i *really* like that belt. i guess the only thing that would be better would be getting a belt handed down to you from someone you really respected and learned a lot from. unless/until that day comes, i'm jazzed about the war belt.

i just ordered a dark blue war belt from brazilianfightwear.com. i have no idea when i'll be ready to wear it, but i was inspired by the story someone told about giving the belt to their instructor for 'when their time comes', tho i doubt i'll do the same thing. i like the idea of getting a belt i've chosen, and i'd like to have it ready to wear as soon as i've earned it (as opposed to training in one belt for a month until this one comes from brazil). and i *really* like that belt. i guess the only thing that would be better would be getting a belt handed down to you from someone you really respected and learned a lot from. unless/until that day comes, i'm jazzed about the war belt.

Yeah that is a cool thing to do

I gave my old purple to a student who I took under my wing (I am a bb)..eosin panther belt...in fact all my belts are eosin

Unfortunately the IBJJF belt police said it was too tattered to compete in...only the edges were worn though..he was pissed

Yeah that is a cool thing to do

I gave my old purple to a student who I took under my wing (I am a bb)..eosin panther belt...in fact all my belts are eosin

Unfortunately the IBJJF belt police said it was too tattered to compete in...only the edges were worn though..he was pissed

How do you like the Eosin panther belts? (Lol, I'm assuming you like them a lot if all of your belts were made by them). I used to make belts by hand, so I'm always curious about peoples experiences with other custom made brands. I know Kataaro is a good one also.

How do you like the Eosin panther belts? (Lol, I'm assuming you like them a lot if all of your belts were made by them). I used to make belts by hand, so I'm always curious about peoples experiences with other custom made brands. I know Kataaro is a good one also.

blue through black..all I have worn

however the blue through brown was 40..and the black about 70

a friend has a kataaro and I would say the quality is same...i just used eosin because they were a town away.

they were in a tiny old school store front near me in NJ..little korean women sitting at a sewing machine..her husband taking orders..so old school and cool.

They were confused when I would tell them to make me one with a bar. On their website they now have bjj black belts so they get it

i panicked when i went there to order my black and shop was closed...found them online as they moved south (georgia I think)..phew

You will notice there are no belts on site instead of black...call them and they will make any color you want in the bb quality.

They are pricey but in this art we wear belts for a while so it is worth it.

My black belt is all white on edges...some dont like that..I do

The new atamas are thin and skinny. The old ones were thick and wide. The new ones suck. When I got my purple belt, I ordered from atama and couldn't believe what came in the mail. I took some pictures of the difference in quality between my blue belt and the purple they sent me.

npDNql.jpg

5KIcNl.jpg

That purple looks like the"blue" I was sold. Yet, it looks nothing like the "purple" on the website here.

::::::::::: Atama Kimnos :::::::::::

WTF?

blue through black..all I have worn

however the blue through brown was 40..and the black about 70

a friend has a kataaro and I would say the quality is same...i just used eosin because they were a town away.

they were in a tiny old school store front near me in NJ..little korean women sitting at a sewing machine..her husband taking orders..so old school and cool.

They were confused when I would tell them to make me one with a bar. On their website they now have bjj black belts so they get it

i panicked when i went there to order my black and shop was closed...found them online as they moved south (georgia I think)..phew

You will notice there are no belts on site instead of black...call them and they will make any color you want in the bb quality.

They are pricey but in this art we wear belts for a while so it is worth it.

My black belt is all white on edges...some dont like that..I do

Ah, cool, thanks!

all these post and not a single thickness measurement to be seen, I am dissappoint..

Back