BJJ Belt brands

rkg879

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know the significance of having a certain brand of belt. Right now Im sporting Gameness Gi and belt. Still white belt, but I know when I get my blue hopefully soon ill be keeping that for a couple years. My gameness belt is ok, just very thick. My teachers have I think atama's.

Basically what Im getting at is there a certain brand that is the "traditional" bjj belt that the highest ranking players have?

probably whatever gi they are wearing, considering they get sponsored...

gameness, hck, and old atama belts are good, sturdy belts

I like the beefy-ness of my Gameness belt. I've had some others in the past that were soft and flimsy, and I didn't really care for them.

Anyone know the significance of having a certain brand of belt. Right now Im sporting Gameness Gi and belt. Still white belt, but I know when I get my blue hopefully soon ill be keeping that for a couple years. My gameness belt is ok, just very thick. My teachers have I think atama's.

Basically what Im getting at is there a certain brand that is the "traditional" bjj belt that the highest ranking players have?

My Gameness seems too damned stiff, and this after many washings. I have heard good things about Koral and might switch to that.

I agree, gameness is stiff as hell, ive stretched it and washed it numerous times and its quite a bit softer from new.. I still think its too wide...

bjj and even judo guys love the mizzuno deluxe black belt. It's a sweet belt.

Having said that blanko, I recently watched a video of renzo gracie promoting someone and talks about when he got his black belt how crappy it was and how he was expecting something nice like a mizuno...

I am a big fan of the atama and HCK belts. Not a fan of the koral belts.

Only have had one belt, but I like it. Ouano white belt

As a blue belt I just have a generic one with no label or tag on it. I have no idea what brand (if any) it is.

The only thing I ever really thought about getting was one of those lighter blue belts because they just look nice.

HCK belts stay tied unlike some other belts that always come loose

anyone tell me how the sizing is with he HCK belts. they start with a 4 and dont go a1-5 etc. any help im around an a-2 size.

Does anyone know which brands make a pale, reasonable looking purple belt as opposed to a flaming bright one?

Atama is pretty damn bright, HCK looks better but their sizing is weird. Thanks.

My favorite belt is the War belt. It is made from really thick GI material, which is nice for something different. But the sizes seem to run big. I had an A2 in my purple, which I had for a long time. During that period, my belly grew a little, so I ordered my brown in an A3. Its at least 3 feet longer than my Koral A2.
14317263_ea389cdc1230160875_m.jpg

I agree, gameness is stiff as hell, ive stretched it and washed it numerous times and its quite a bit softer from new.. I still think its too wide...

You washed your belt? Have you no sense of tradition?

NEVER wash your belt!!!!!!!
your belt represents all the hard work you have put in, washing it, washes that away!

Here goes the "to wash or not to wash" discussion

i had a kf fighter blue which was good

just ordered my purple from hck a size 5 which is A2 size......dont want the belt to be too long

Oh and wash your belt!!! dont be gross

Back