• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bj Penn vs Takanori Gomi 2 is the fight to make

I'm down for it. No other opponent makes sense for BJ.

John-Krasinski-no.gif

Are you forgetting how absolutely terrible they both look now.

This is a real low point for the UFC, only the most diehard mouthbreathers want to see this kind of stuff.

sadly MMA just isnt a sport for a senior league / way out of their prime legends to still take part. I would love to see the old guard go at it at their level but they just destroy whats left of their health.

No fun watching that. Penn vs Gomi 2 would be very depressing for myself to watch and I`d think for most people who are fans of Penn or Gomi.

Complete oposite to sports like tennis or golf were they cant compete with the elite anymore but its an honor and often fun watching these legends play against each other. With MMA you end up with Goodridge..etc.

It could /does work in strict ground fights without punches. In BJJ its very interesting. Or develop a scoring system that focuses on wrestling plus bjj to make it more dynamic. That would be great to see legends in that if they still have the fire to compete. Just think about Abu Schaubis last BJJ fight. No one who saw it will ever forget it :D

Jesus Christ, when are you people gonna finally get over the glory days? I don't care if their next opponent was Sage NorthCutt, both of them should stop fighting IMMEDIATELY. No more fights. DONE!

Yes it is.
Whiners in here don't get that bj wants to keep fighting and probably won't be cut.
Lol

Jesus Christ, when are you people gonna finally get over the glory days? I don't care if their next opponent was Sage NorthCutt, both of them should stop fighting IMMEDIATELY. No more fights. DONE!
Na

I agree, retirement is the best thing for BJ.
He has taken too much damage to fight at professional level.
A fight with a old legend out of prime Gomi makes sense in my opinion :) it's not like I want bj to have 1 more fight with someone like doo ho choi or a Kevin lee.

At this point, I doubt gomi vs penn ll will happen on the UFC Japan fight card :( . This fight card has 8 fights atm, and there's left for only 2-4 more fight. Hopefully!!!!!!!!! It happens. I also want to see Akiyama vs mike Pyle on the card!!

Back