BJ Penn names his TUF coaches (so far)

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Announced on Inside MMA last night. He says he's currently 160 pounds.

Andre Pederneiras co-founder and coach of Nova Uni

That's a lot of MMA wisdom but can they make it all work together. Stay tuned.

In TUF, I don't think the coaches make much difference in the outcomes other than strategy of fight selection. Ir is filmed over such a short timeframe there isn't enough time for the fighters to make drastic improvement in their fight game, so it is mostly based on their skillset entering the house.

Not a fan of Jason Parilo but everyone else should be fun. Coleman has no knees or hip, he won't be able to demonstrate.

Love BJ! War BJ! War Jason Parillo --> "This guy does not belong in here with you! get him out of here!!". War Hammer Coleman!

Jeez, that sounds like one of those "If YOU were a TUF coach, who'd be your team?" threads. That's a lot of experience.

Wonder who Frankie's bringing.

Wonder who Frankie's bringing.

images

:wink:

hahaha, awesome!

Kaman is an absolute beast!

I'm really glad to see Coleman on there. He's a great personality and will make for some fun moments on the show. Also, the guy is terrible with money and has been perpetually broke his whole career; I'm glad BJ hooked him up with a paycheck. His wrestling is elite and he's been in the game since the beginning.

frankie has nothing to gain from this whole thing and everything to lose

just dont know why hes doing it, but then again its really not clear what his next move is

Interesting choices except for Parillo

In TUF, I don't think the coaches make much difference in the outcomes other than strategy of fight selection. Ir is filmed over such a short timeframe there isn't enough time for the fighters to make drastic improvement in their fight game, so it is mostly based on their skillset entering the house.

I disagree, I think the coaching is a huge part of the success the fighters have on the show and ultimately for the UFC. There will always be fighters who appeared on the show that would have attained success even without it, but that's not true for them all.

Not a fan of Jason Parilo but everyone else should be fun. Coleman has no knees or hip, he won't be able to demonstrate.

Coleman can still demonstrate a lot of things.

Mainly about the effects of time and gravity on man.
wv4km9.jpg

El Guapo is gonna make the season even more worth watching just by being there.

Is he really only 160 right now? That is pretty good

Back