• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News BJ Penn Arrested, released on suspicion of DUI , video shows belligerent encounter

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/1/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn is again in trouble with the law.

Penn was arrested on Jan. 23 in Honokaa, Hawaii, on suspicion of DUI after police received a reckless driver complaint, Hawaii County Police Department spokesperson Denise Laitinen confirmed to MMA Fighting. Penn was later released pending an investigation. Laitinen declined to provide additional details on Penn’s arrest and blood-alcohol level.

Penn was not immediately reachable for comment, and a Penn family rep, Gary Levitt, did not immediately return a request for comment.

Word of Penn’s arrest comes after a video surfaced on Monday that appeared to show a belligerent Penn being put in a police car.

Sad ending incoming. Its obvious that he needs help

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/1/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn is again in trouble with the law.

Penn was arrested on Jan. 23 in Honokaa, Hawaii, on suspicion of DUI after police received a reckless driver complaint, Hawaii County Police Department spokesperson Denise Laitinen confirmed to MMA Fighting. Penn was later released pending an investigation. Laitinen declined to provide additional details on Penn’s arrest and blood-alcohol level.

Penn was not immediately reachable for comment, and a Penn family rep, Gary Levitt, did not immediately return a request for comment.

Word of Penn’s arrest comes after a video surfaced on Monday that appeared to show a belligerent Penn being put in a police car.

Hell yea going hard, been there before.

This, unfortunately, is most likely the way things will continue to go for Penn.

He can't (or, shouldn't I should say) fight anymore, he wouldn't be a good coach, and he's not articulate enough for a desk job in the MMA field.

It goes like this for some fighters. Being a fighter, in a lot of ways, is what the term "institutionalized" means in The Shawshank Redemption. Sometimes, once these fighters careers are over and they're no longer in the limelight, they keep sinking further and further into the quicksand of their own poor choices.

I say these things hoping that I'll be proven wrong, as Penn is in my top ten favorite fighters of all time.

Cocaine, meth, and drinking:
What is BJ thinking?
No MMA,
No way to play,
And BJ ends up sinking.

CTE is no joke kids
giphy.gif
The fan worship got in the way that he was a violent little ass hole growing up and assaulted a police officer. I dont think he was ever all there to begin with.

@bjpenngoat Get in there!

I wish i could find the old video of BJ high and drunk rapping ruff ryders anthem in the back of a car. Its my white whale internet search.

Mines some epic little music video out together called ‘Nick Diaz can’t dance’
It’s some video game like saints row with a Nick Diaz guy in it walking round a night club not dancing
It’s epic

It's from an obscure source 20+ years ago. Those OTM tapes were on VHS.

Others on this forum have searched for it - If it hasn't turned up by now, it's lost in time.

My own personal Yeti is the Wes Sims "blind date" video... haven't watched it since, heck,

you can easily find the ones of Tim Sylvia, Josh Tjompson, Ricco Rodriguez, Pete Spratt,Tiki Ghosn... but Big Wes' one is impossible to find nowadays.

According to Pepper, none of the five lucky ladies selected knew they would be matched up with an Ultimate fighter, while each athlete was left to his own devices to reveal his unique occupation.
The fighters were also challenged to get each of their respective dates into a skimpy UFC top with matching thongs somewhere along the way, of which Pepper remarks the men performed commendably.
"All the guys were very good on camera," he explains, "very loose and open and had a good time with it, but Wes was exceptionally funny. 6'10", 270-pound Wes decided to take it upon himself to kinda outshine the other guys.
He actually met his date for the first time wearing the pink UFC baby doll tank top that he was obviously busting out of because it was size 0." Although Sims opted not to don the matching thongs, Pepper admits his date was not enthused. "I know that Wes had the most fireworks of any of the dates.
There was no love lost at the end of their date, that's for sure."

Nik Lentz did an interview with Helwani ages ago when he was scheduled to fight BJ Penn, basically saying BJ had been trying to harass him on social media and even went to the lengths of messaging/shit talking Nik Lentz’ wife as well.

I think regardless of drink or drugs, BJ is just a POS human being and hasn’t had to become a normal member of society because of his privileged upbringing.

If you’re a shit person I don’t think rehab or help is going to change that fact, he’ll always be getting into trouble.

Apparently was threatening Nik’s family via social media as well.

send him back to the octagon and let him get his ass whooped

most overrated fighter on the planet 15-11 GOAT they say lmao

@bjpenngoat Get in there!

My own personal Yeti is the Wes Sims "blind date" video... haven't watched it since, heck,

you can easily find the ones of Tim Sylvia, Josh Tjompson, Ricco Rodriguez, Pete Spratt,Tiki Ghosn... but Big Wes' one is impossible to find nowadays.

luckily im an even bigger Fedor fan so that counter balances this kind of stuff because Fedor is such a kind and wonderful human being. Maybe there is some CTE kind of stuff going on with him. All those shots to his iron jaw and head may have shook some shit around in there and at 42 it isnt like hes a kid anymore. He did look to be in good shape in those cuffs, so thats nice to see I guess.

i think he said

we all n words ?

Yeah, he did. He first said you aren't the only one that's Haole. I'm half Haole. I'm Haole too. We are all N*. You dummie. We are all N*.

Haole really means foreigner, but it more commonly used for white. His dad is white. It sounds like him and the guy got into a verbal confrontation while BJ was drunk. I think he said we are all Ns because he was having an argument that he felt moved racial and the dude was baiting him. I didn't like how the guy said, "Hungry hungry Hawaiian". Fuck that guy. Whatever the case, BJ shouldn't be driving under the influence, hope he goes to jail, is forced to go into rehab, and recovers for the sake of his daughters. From what I've heard from others in Hawaii, it's where i'm from, BJ has a pretty serious drug problem. It's not uncommon in Hawaii. I've had friends and family members become drug addicts. It's some sad shit.

Nik Lentz did an interview with Helwani ages ago when he was scheduled to fight BJ Penn, basically saying BJ had been trying to harass him on social media and even went to the lengths of messaging/shit talking Nik Lentz’ wife as well.

I think regardless of drink or drugs, BJ is just a POS human being and hasn’t had to become a normal member of society because of his privileged upbringing.

If you’re a shit person I don’t think rehab or help is going to change that fact, he’ll always be getting into trouble.

Apparently was threatening Nik’s family via social media as well.

The problem with that statement is Nik didn't know BJ before he became a drug addict. I hope BJ gets help. He's got daughters to raise.

Spoken like someone who's never owned a reliable vehicle in their life. Toyota are literally bullet proof.
They are garbage, buy American. I drive a 97 Dodge truck with a Cummins diesel, runs like new.

Back