Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered

I ran across this story today about two men missing in the same area of Iowa.

I saw the case of a 53 year old truck driver who was last seen Nov 21st. His semi truck and trailer full of pigs was found parked in a roadway, not running apparently having been shut down, but not parked at the edge of the road. His jacket was found in a ditch. His wallet and cell phone were still in his truck. I looks like he was within a few miles of his destination and less than 20 miles from his home so I assume he knew the area.

A search organization started looking for the missing driver and another 54 year old area man who went missing on October 28th. The other man reportedly didn't show up for work one day. When the sheriffs office checked his home, they found his wallet and cell phone but his car was missing. On December 1st it was reported that the man missing since October was found in his vehicle on an abandoned property with a single gunshot wound and was not deemed to be suspicious so I suspect they think he committed suicide and probably found the gun used but I don't know that for certain.

Meanwhile the searchers haven't found any sign of the missing truck driver.

It seems very strange to me that a truck driver would shut off his truck in the roadway. Usually they would try to find a place to pull over. If it stopped running it seems that the driver would call someone. It is also reported that the truck was pointed in a direction away from his destination. The truck in pictures looks like it would have a large sleeper that the driver could wait in for help if there wasn't cell phone service to call someone.

I would post a picture of the truck but this is the updated Sherdog and I can't seem to do that so I will link an article with a picture in it.
article

there is a suspectd serial killer shooting homeless people in LA too

Watch the videos by Missing Enigma on the Dennis Martin case. Creates a lot of doubt regarding the manner in which David Paulides frames the case, and made me start to question 'The Missing 411' phenomena. Which is a bummer because that mystery was my favourite deep dive of all time.

i had an email exchange with the missing enigma guy and he said some of the stories in missing 411 are pretty explainable but others remain just as strange. its not that he doesnt believe there is something unexplainable happening but just that paulides does not do due diligence in his investigations.

paulides also was NOT a detective and was fired from the force for scamming celebrities out of photos under pretense of raising money for the police and then just selling them for personal profit.

Last edited:
i had an email exchange with the missing enigma guy and he said some of the stories in missing 411 are pretty explainable but others remain just as strange. its not that he doesnt believe there is something explainable happening but just that paulides does not do due diligence in his investigations.

paulides also was NOT a detective and was fired from the force for scamming celebrities out of photos under pretense of raising money for the police and then just selling them for personal profit.

It's a shame because I really liked Paulides until I started hearing more about him. Was always interested in buying the books (too expensive) and spent a while following his podcast until he tragically lost his son(? I think) and he was on his fucking arse emotionally. Like doijng the podcasts on the verge of tears, or sobbing at times - it was too tough a listen then, the guy needed to take a long break.

It's a shame because I really liked Paulides until I started hearing more about him. Was always interested in buying the books (too expensive) and spent a while following his podcast until he tragically lost his son(? I think) and he was on his fucking arse emotionally. Like doijng the podcasts on the verge of tears, or sobbing at times - it was too tough a listen then, the guy needed to take a long break.
His son Ben was apparently bipolar and became quite mentally ill, then killed himself. It has obviously affected him deeply and he still gets emotional talking about mental health and similar subjects. He also refers to himself as his dog's 'dad'. He's also started making videos about missing truckers lately, I don't know if @ralphc1 has been watching.

While we're discussing Paulides's shady side, allegedly as a young policeman he would go to adult shops and pretend to be gay to entrap gay men, who would be arrested once they agreed to go somewhere with him for sex. His SWAT unit was also accused of brutality, some of which was racially motivated. Sorry if this has already been posted but I can't be expected to read a 69 page thread before commenting.

His son Ben was apparently bipolar and became quite mentally ill, then killed himself. It has obviously affected him deeply and he still gets emotional talking about mental health and similar subjects. He also refers to himself as his dog's 'dad'. He's also started making videos about missing truckers lately, I don't know if @ralphc1 has been watching.

While we're discussing Paulides's shady side, allegedly as a young policeman he would go to adult shops and pretend to be gay to entrap gay men, who would be arrested once they agreed to go somewhere with him for sex. His SWAT unit was also accused of brutality, some of which was racially motivated. Sorry if this has already been posted but I can't be expected to read a 69 page thread before commenting.

Yeah I remember on his podcast he used to always bang on about how Joe Rogan doesn't answer his calls to go on JRE. The comments used to usually insinuate that Joe knew that he was not exactly who he said he was and had no interest in talking to him.

Habitual shop lifter tried to run over a cop and was shot. Cops now in trouble.

The Blendon Township police use-of-force policy provides that officers should try to move away from an approaching vehicle instead of firing their weapons.[18] Both of the officers were placed on paid administrative leave after the shooting, although the officer who did not fire his gun has since returned to duty. The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is investigating the shooting.[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Singleton

https://allthatsinteresting.com/lawrence-singleton

On September 29, 1978, Singleton picked up 15-year-old Mary Vincent of Las Vegas, Nevada, while she was hitchhiking from her grandfather's house in Berkeley, California back home to Las Vegas. He picked her up outside of Modesto, California, after which he knocked her unconscious with a sledgehammer, spent the night raping her, and tortured her by severing both her forearms with a hatchet. Singleton figured she was dead or near death and he threw her off a 30-foot cliff on Interstate-5 near Del Puerto Canyon, leaving her naked and bleeding out. She mitigated the bleeding from her forearms by shoving them into mud, and the mud suppressed her bleeding while she managed to pull herself back up the cliff. She walked for three miles, naked, covered in blood, and armless, before finding and alerting a passing couple who took her to a hospital.

Six months after the assault, Vincent faced Singleton at his trial, where her testimony helped to convict him.[5] Singleton was sentenced to fourteen years in prison, the maximum allowed by law in California at that time.[5] The presiding judge remarked: "If I had the power, I would send him to prison for the rest of his natural life."[6]

While Vincent won a $2.56 million civil judgment against Singleton, she was unable to collect it when Singleton revealed that he was unemployed, in poor health, and had only $200 in savings.[7]

Along with the particularly gruesome and callous aspects of the crime, the case became even more notorious after Singleton was paroled after serving only eight years in prison. He was able to reduce his time through good behavior and working as a teaching assistant in a prison classroom.[6] Singleton was paroled to Contra Costa County, California, but no town would accept his presence, so he had to live in a trailer on the grounds of San Quentin prison until his parole ended a year later.[

On Feb. 19th, 1997, a local house painter decided to swing by a client’s house in Tampa to do some touchup work — and instead witnessed a horrifying scene unfolding there.

Peering through a window, the painter saw the man he knew as “Bill,” completely naked and covered in blood, standing above a motionless woman on a sofa and stabbing her with a frenzied and vicious intensity. Later, the painter would say he heard the sound of bones crunching with each thrust — “like chicken bones breaking.”

Though the painter didn’t know it, it was Lawrence Singleton.

The painter rushed to call the police, and when they arrived on the scene, it was clear that Hayes was beyond saving. Singleton was promptly arrested and charged with murder.

In a remarkable display of courage, Vincent traveled to Florida to testify against Lawrence Singleton once more, this time on behalf of Roxanne Hayes. She played a pivotal role in Singleton’s ultimate conviction.

Just when you think the stories can’t get worse…

'In the year 1998, a group of men kidnap a Missouri teenager named Joe from his bedroom in the middle of the night, and whisk him away to Elan School in Maine, a school ostensibly for "troubled teens." They've done this at the behest of his parents, who are apparently trying to get Joe out of a prison sentence after Joe and his friends are caught crossing state lines with marijuana.

As it quickly turns out, Elan School does not have any oversight, does not educate its students, and places the children under constant psychological torment through attack therapy conducted by unlicensed individuals — many of whom are current and former students — while clueless parents are forced to pay tens of thousands of dollars in tuition. And the worst part is, it all happened in real life.'

'For 33 years, Pam Newell thought her brother died of a freak brain aneurysm while he was a student at the infamous Elan School in Poland. Two weeks ago, a stranger turned up and told her there's something she should know.'

Netflix has a new doc about a crazy evil Indian chick who positioned her in laws and others. It’s called Cyanide and Curry.

Mystery as three football fans found dead in backyard of friend’s home​

Three men in their 30s were found outside the home of a friend who insists he had no idea they were dead until police knocked on his door.
Jesse O’Neill – New York Post

3 min read
January 24, 2024 - 9:41AM

3 comments

The Kansas City Police Department announced that the men’s bodies were discovered at 9.51pm January 9 after one man’s fiancée requested a welfare check. Picture: Handout

The Kansas City Police Department announced that the men’s bodies were discovered at 9.51pm January 9 after one man’s fiancée requested a welfare check. Picture: Handout

Three Kansas City Chiefs fans were found frozen to death in the backyard of their friend’s home, where they had gathered to watch a game — but the homeowner is insisting that he had “no knowledge” that their bodies had possibly been there for two days.
The bodies of David Harrington, 37, Ricky Johnson, 38, and Clayton McGeeney, 36, were found on the evening of January 9 after the fiancee of one of the men requested a welfare check, Kansas City police told Fox Digital.
One man’s body was found on the back porch of the home, while the other two were discovered in the backyard.
But the homeowner had “no knowledge” that his friends were freezing to death on his property after they had watched Kansas City take on the LA Chargers in the last game of NFL regular season play on January 7, police said.
“First and foremost, this case is 100 per cent not being investigated as a homicide,” Kansas City Police Capt. Jake Becchina said.
“There have not been any arrests [or] charges, and no one is in custody. There are no specific threats or concerns for the surrounding community at this time,” Becchina added.
“The resident at the house was cooperative with detectives the day the deceased were discovered.”
Kansas City Police did not immediately respond to a request from The Post about why the men may have declined to seek shelter, or if they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

They had all gathered at a friend’s house to watch the Kansas City Chiefs game against the Los Angeles Chargers on the night of January 7. Picture: fox4kc

They had all gathered at a friend’s house to watch the Kansas City Chiefs game against the Los Angeles Chargers on the night of January 7. Picture: fox4kc
Temperatures on January 7 and 8 mostly stayed around 1C, before plummeting below zero on the afternoon of January 9, according to weather reports.

Family and friends of the victims took to social media to lambast the man who invited his friends to watch the game.
“This man was inside his home alive while my friends were dead in his yard for lord knows how long,” Kaylee La Tier wrote in a Facebook post earlier this month.
“They were all hanging out since after the game Sunday. He KNEW people were looking for them. He read messages of people searching for him on Tuesday.”
“My husband banged on his door for 20 [minutes],” La Tier continued. “My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him? Then the cops come 10 [minutes] later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand??! Nothing is adding up. Dave, Clay and Ricky need and deserve justice.”
John Picerno, a lawyer representing the homeowner, said his client had no idea his friends were dead until police knocked on his door.
Picerno said his client was sleeping with headphones on next to a loud fan when people came looking for his friends and didn’t see a message from one of their wives until after police contacted him.
The man also did not think it was “unusual for his friends to have left their cars there overnight”, according to the outlet.
RELATED: America stunned by chaotic scenes
Ricky Johnson, 38, was found frozen to death. Picture: Facebook

David Harrington, 37, also gathered at his friend’s house to watch the football game. Picture: Facebook

David Harrington, 37, also gathered at his friend’s house to watch the football game. Picture: Facebook
Clayton McGeeney, 36 was found frozen. The Kansas City Police Department did not suspect foul play in the deaths. Picture: Facebook

Clayton McGeeney, 36 was found frozen. The Kansas City Police Department did not suspect foul play in the deaths. Picture: Facebook
“Like the rest of us, [the homeowner] is anxiously awaiting the results of the autopsy and toxicology report,” Picerno told The Kansas City Star.
“On behalf of [the homeowner] and his family, we wish to express our deepest sympathies to the friends and family members of these young men, and our thoughts and prayers are with them.”

Mystery as three football fans found dead in backyard of friend’s home​

Three men in their 30s were found outside the home of a friend who insists he had no idea they were dead until police knocked on his door.
Jesse O’Neill – New York Post

3 min read
January 24, 2024 - 9:41AM
3 comments

Three Kansas City Chiefs fans were found frozen to death in the backyard of their friend’s home, where they had gathered to watch a game — but the homeowner is insisting that he had “no knowledge” that their bodies had possibly been there for two days.
The bodies of David Harrington, 37, Ricky Johnson, 38, and Clayton McGeeney, 36, were found on the evening of January 9 after the fiancee of one of the men requested a welfare check, Kansas City police told Fox Digital.
One man’s body was found on the back porch of the home, while the other two were discovered in the backyard.
But the homeowner had “no knowledge” that his friends were freezing to death on his property after they had watched Kansas City take on the LA Chargers in the last game of NFL regular season play on January 7, police said.
“First and foremost, this case is 100 per cent not being investigated as a homicide,” Kansas City Police Capt. Jake Becchina said.
“There have not been any arrests [or] charges, and no one is in custody. There are no specific threats or concerns for the surrounding community at this time,” Becchina added.
“The resident at the house was cooperative with detectives the day the deceased were discovered.”
Kansas City Police did not immediately respond to a request from The Post about why the men may have declined to seek shelter, or if they were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Temperatures on January 7 and 8 mostly stayed around 1C, before plummeting below zero on the afternoon of January 9, according to weather reports.

Family and friends of the victims took to social media to lambast the man who invited his friends to watch the game.
“This man was inside his home alive while my friends were dead in his yard for lord knows how long,” Kaylee La Tier wrote in a Facebook post earlier this month.
“They were all hanging out since after the game Sunday. He KNEW people were looking for them. He read messages of people searching for him on Tuesday.”
“My husband banged on his door for 20 [minutes],” La Tier continued. “My friend banged on his door and then busted a window and yelled and announced her presence while she’s inside and still nothing from him? Then the cops come 10 [minutes] later and he comes out nonchalant in his boxers with an empty wine glass in hand??! Nothing is adding up. Dave, Clay and Ricky need and deserve justice.”
John Picerno, a lawyer representing the homeowner, said his client had no idea his friends were dead until police knocked on his door.
Picerno said his client was sleeping with headphones on next to a loud fan when people came looking for his friends and didn’t see a message from one of their wives until after police contacted him.
The man also did not think it was “unusual for his friends to have left their cars there overnight”, according to the outlet.
RELATED: America stunned by chaotic scenes

“Like the rest of us, [the homeowner] is anxiously awaiting the results of the autopsy and toxicology report,” Picerno told The Kansas City Star.
“On behalf of [the homeowner] and his family, we wish to express our deepest sympathies to the friends and family members of these young men, and our thoughts and prayers are with them.”
This is really bizarre. They thinking everyone was obliterated drunk and passed out?

This is really bizarre. They thinking everyone was obliterated drunk and passed out?
Yeah that what I was thinking as well the back door must of locked shut on them and they couldn't get back inside. Would be easier to figure out if we knew the exact location were each body was located

They couldn’t find a way to escape the backyard?

Back