Bitcoin explosion and ALT coins thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens when there's no more bitcoin to mine?

Miners will earn the transaction fees from every confirmed transaction on the blockchain. If BTC is almost at 30K now you can possibly imagine what it will be when all the coins have been mined, so the miners will be well looked after.

My family talked me out of investing in bitcoin in 2007. And then talked me out of Tesla at their IPO.

loL

*commits.suicide*

Bought a house in Paradise.California instead. It all burned down. LoL.

Fail
2007 ....Pretty impressive unless your last name is nakamoto?

I recommend the Nano Ledger.

For exchanges, I'd recommend Gemini, Kraken or Binance USA. Coinbase customer service sucks.
And for fucks sake please don’t recommend ledger. Those assholes have leaked 270k names, addresses, email etc of people who bought a ledger from them

Damn, how much did you lose then? If its close to 100K or more I feels the bad for you.
yeah its around there but happened over a long period of time so lots of ups and downs and when i was up i was still chasing losses so still felt down etc im sure you know how that can be, but the time was a few years ago so the current value of the coins/tokens is where the bad feels really kick in because just being responsible and holding which of course was the original plan would have paid off so much more than getting overactive and overtrading and taking insane risks, although the thrills i had were exceptional....

As some of you know, I've been in crypto for a long time. Bitcoin has broken old highs and is almost at 28k.

Institutional money is pouring in from all directions and I believe it's going to continue to rise.

Now I'm at a crossroads to sell some of my crypto because doing so I could pay off my house.. I'm having a hard time selling any of my Bitcoin because all the years I held it.

I tried to tell my family to invest yrs ago but they didn't listen. Now I'm getting calls from everyone I told lol.

It would be cool to have my house paid off though. My house is valued at $340,000
I found out about bitcoin at 10 cents a coin and I was trying to convince my exwife that we should invest $1000 into it which led to her telling her Mom and her Mom thinking that it was such a bad idea that she nagged my exwife into nagging me so hard that it eventually led to our break up. I was so distraught over the break up that I forgot all about bit coin.

I think there's a lesson there somewhere.

I found out about bitcoin at 10 cents a coin and I was trying to convince my exwife that we should invest $1000 into it which led to her telling her Mom and her Mom thinking that it was such a bad idea that she nagged my exwife into nagging me so hard that it eventually led to our break up. I was so distraught over the break up that I forgot all about bit coin.

bang the mom?

If the first thing she did was run to mommy about an investment for YOUR lives, breaking up was probably the right move for you

If the first thing she did was run to mommy about an investment for YOUR lives, breaking up was probably the right move for you
i know i mean at 28k a coin $1000 @ 10 cents a coin would be $280,000,000.00 right now.

i know i mean at 28k a coin $1000 @ 10 cents a coin would be $280,000,000.00 right now.
Imagine that. 10 cents a coin, which was about 10 years ago. Even a measly $5 worth would have made your a millionaire if you kept it until now. I'm sure most people didn't even know bitcoin existed back then.

Come on though. Unless you're already a millionaire no one was going to piss away $1k like that. At that time, the chance of it becoming worthless was extremely high. I don't think even Nakamoto knew what it would do.

I'm not sure I believe you would do that.

Come on though. Unless you're already a millionaire no one was going to piss away $1k like that. At that time, the chance of it becoming worthless was extremely high. I don't think even Nakamoto knew what it would do.

I'm not sure I believe you would do that.
Look if I had bought it I can't say I'd have the foresight to hold onto it until now.

You have to remember that this was post 2008 crisis and in that era. I wasn't approaching it from the perspective most people view it now but from the perspective people that believed in it were approaching it at the time.

Imagine that. 10 cents a coin, which was about 10 years ago. Even a measly $5 worth would have made your a millionaire if you kept it until now. I'm sure most people didn't even know bitcoin existed back then.
Every now and then I catch whiff of something when it's in it's early idealistic stages or before it's even a thing but an idea frankenstined from the things at a given time and childhood fantasies in my own mind.

My issue has always been allowing external negative voices to internalize and discourage the follow through on it. Letting setbacks get in the way of my potential.

Look if I had bought it I can't say I'd have the foresight to hold onto it until now.

You have to remember that this was post 2008 crisis and in that era. I wasn't approaching it from the perspective most people view it now but from the perspective people that believed in it were approaching it at the time.

What perspective?

I'm just saying a lot people say now I should have bought $1k of Bitcoin when it was $1 or whatever. Only the people with the biggest balls on the planet would have done that since there was about 0.0001% it would do anything at that moment in time.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Sidenote: I did buy a few shares of Tesla at $17 a share, but only a few. Again, Tesla could have just as easily went out of business at the time.

My problem is my expectation of Bitcoin is too high now. If I bought 1 Bitcoin today it'd probably fail. If I don't buy Bitcoin it'll be at $1M a coin one day. Right?

My problem is my expectation of Bitcoin is too high now. If I bought 1 Bitcoin today it'd probably fail. If I don't buy Bitcoin it'll be at $1M a coin one day. Right?

Please don't buy.

What perspective?

I'm just saying a lot people say now I should have bought $1k when it was $1 or whatever. Only the people with the biggest balls on the planet would have done that since there was about 0.0001% it would do anything at the moment in time.

Hindsight is 20/20.
Yeah, what I'm saying is the way you are framing my desire to invest 1k into bitcoin is how people see it now.

At the time bitcoin was one of many alternative currency social experiments but it had, by far, the best design. It was the superior system of the alternative currency designs and that was obvious to me. I was approaching it from an interest in alternative currencies rather than whatever it is you have in mind.

Yeah, what I'm saying is the way you are framing my desire to invest 1k into bitcoin is how people see it now.

At the time bitcoin was one of many alternative currency social experiments but it had, by far, the best design. It was the superior system of the alternative currency designs and that was obvious to me. I was approaching it from an interest in alternative currencies rather than whatever it is you have in mind.

Ok, but that's even more crazy. You'd put $1k in a currency that, at the time, was hard to liquidate or to use for transactions??? Nevermind, the currency might have dissolved in the short term

Holding strong on xrp or hodl'ing? It will rise like a phoenix to the moon! And threw $500 more at Ethereum... crypto speccing is fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back