• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bitcoin currency of the future?

Buy the rumor, sell the news. NEO's price dropped I think around 50% after their rebranding. None of this really matters come June when coins are locked into nodes.

I've read a bit about Nodes but it failed to sink in. A node grants you the ability to verify your own transactions. isn't this a contradiction of the legitimacy of blockchain verification?

This is a good read for trying to understand Nodes.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Full_node

So... In order to run a full node by opening the specified port and maintaining a wallet, are there other requirements? Like... Must one possess a certain amount of BTC to run a full node?

I ask because you or someone mentioned needing enough spare cash to invest in vechain in order to buy a node (or something along that line).

NEO has no withdrawal fees. But I seem to have missed some point in the fact NEO wasn't divisible. Wehn you buy some, they take their 0,1% from the currency you buy, even if it's not divisible, leaving you with a useless fraction of a coin.

So I would have to buy 1,002 NEO to make it even, but would have to add 0,1%.
If I'm not mistaken 0,1% of 1,002 is 0,001002

So I would need to buy 1,002 + 0,001002 = 1,003002 NEO

I'll have to try it out to see if it's possible. But can you buy a fraction of a undivisible coin?

Uff... anyway, for the fellow noob sherdoggers like me, be careful when buying NEO

Oh, also if you have it on an exchance make sure they are supporting the upcoming airdrop.

So... In order to run a full node by opening the specified port and maintaining a wallet, are there other requirements? Like... Must one possess a certain amount of BTC to run a full node?

I ask because you or someone mentioned needing enough spare cash to invest in vechain in order to buy a node (or something along that line).

Yup, here's VEN's Node breakdown:

How do I become a masternode?
The hardest masternode to become is an Authority node. Even though Authority Masternodes are the highest rewarded, it is important to note that only 101 people will be selected to maintain one. Based on the team's description it sounds like basic computers will not be chosen and bordering on choosing server farms as a means of operation. The good news is that ANYONE can be an Economic node and that Economic Masternodes will not require much computing power at all. Here is how the breakdowns work:

• At 250,000 VET you can apply to be one of the 101 Authority MasterNodes, these are also called Thrudheim Masternodes.
  • A minimum of 150,000 VET is required to become the highest rewarded Economy node known as Mjolnir Masternodes.
  • From 50,000 - 149,999 VET you can qualify as a Thunder Node which will be rewarded less than a Mjolnir but higher than the following nodes.
  • From 10,000-49,999 VET you qualify as a Strength node which is the lowest rewarded economy node but is still paid more than any non-node VET stake.
  • Below 10,000 VET will allow you to receive a default reward that will be set by the Foundation. This will be the lowest reward possible but also requires nothing regarding commitment long term.

Yup, here's VEN's Node breakdown:

How do I become a masternode?
The hardest masternode to become is an Authority node. Even though Authority Masternodes are the highest rewarded, it is important to note that only 101 people will be selected to maintain one. Based on the team's description it sounds like basic computers will not be chosen and bordering on choosing server farms as a means of operation. The good news is that ANYONE can be an Economic node and that Economic Masternodes will not require much computing power at all. Here is how the breakdowns work:

• At 250,000 VET you can apply to be one of the 101 Authority MasterNodes, these are also called Thrudheim Masternodes.
  • A minimum of 150,000 VET is required to become the highest rewarded Economy node known as Mjolnir Masternodes.
  • From 50,000 - 149,999 VET you can qualify as a Thunder Node which will be rewarded less than a Mjolnir but higher than the following nodes.
  • From 10,000-49,999 VET you qualify as a Strength node which is the lowest rewarded economy node but is still paid more than any non-node VET stake.
  • Below 10,000 VET will allow you to receive a default reward that will be set by the Foundation. This will be the lowest reward possible but also requires nothing regarding commitment long term.

All right... I only need to purchase an additional 9930 VEN and I'm in the money

Oh, also if you have it on an exchance make sure they are supporting the upcoming airdrop.
I have 1 NEO in the NEON wallet and 0.998 trapped in Kucoin. Kucoin supports the ONT airdrop, but since I don't have a complete NEO, it shouldn' do nothing.
I guess I should complete my NEO coin before the airdrop to get that fraction of ONT

Edit: NEO going up like crazy, maybe because of the coming airdrop. Not sure if it's worth completing the NEO now since it should drop again shortly afterwards, with people getting the ONT then cashing out

If you want to ask the power ledger people anything... I just asked a bunch of really basic questions about the p2p that I'm unclear/they're vague on.

I'm almost as hyped just to use the product as I am on its potential returns.

520.gif

Scam coin

The only thing I think I’ve read about WTC not being legit is their RFID patent claim. Apparently the person developing their RFID only has patents published while he was working for a different company. I guess they’re just using them to show how smart he is? Aside from this terrible fiasco, what else do you not like about them?

^ Lol that guy just calls most coins a 'scam' without having anything backing his opinion up. Is normal.

Back