• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bitcoin currency of the future?

Is this the place where shills be shilling?

The only reason I've hesitated on moving to a hardware wallet is that I did a test transfer when I set up a paper wallet (with power ledger) and the cost was insane. I transferred 25 coins and sacrificed something like 10 of those. Does that even make any sense..?

I found the inance wthdrawal cost list. Not sure if it was always like this:
https://www.binance.com/fees.html
Neo has no fees to withdraw (or his little cousin GAS for that matter)

Bam, there it is! 14 tokens for power. That is fucking insanity.

Small players like us will have a hard time with those fees x_X
In your case, IF you still continue to bet on PowerLedger and accumulate more coins, it will hurt less to get them out one day.

Oh, i checked Kucoin for the withdrawal fees. They have better fees for Powerledger (1 coin) https://news.kucoin.com/en/fee/
It really seems there are a lot of differences from one platform to another

I have my main bitcoin and ethereum in my software wallet. The other coins are still in the exchange platform since I feel that i would lose a lot with the fees and might be not worth for the moment. But i'll get the NEO wallet since it seems easy to move around.

So WePower are giving out free tokens for anyone who votes for them..... From the WePower Twiiter: Guys, help WePower to succeed on Binance and get a reward of 200 #WPR if listed! Vote: https://www.binance.com/vote.html Sign up for #bounty here: https://goo.gl/JbF3uY & fill in “Bounty report” when voted: https://goo.gl/SWDNyw Let's win this!

I tried to find another source for this, and found this:

Please note, that rewards in WPR will be distributed only if WePower is listed on Binance.

So we only get the WPR if WePower wins the vote?

I tried to find another source for this, and found this:

So we only get the WPR if WePower wins the vote?

Yeah, but even though WePower arn't in the lead its looks like ELA (obviously it would be the chinese) are using bots for thier votes. I know 2nd place has won before due to cheating so I think there is a good chance of that happening again.

I keep googling it but nothing pertaining to a fork comes up in the results.

When ever I want info on a coin I normally go to their coinmarketcap website page and press the social button. It's been a life saver on when I need reminders of dates, etc as its a quick access to thier twitter and subreddit forum.

By the way for anyone who has invested in ZClassic for the Bitcoin Private fork, Bittrex says they are only accepting corporate customers but I went though the new application form and they accepted with in a few hours.

Last edited:
I might use some help here...

I bought 2 NEO (yes, laughable), but the fees got taken from the NEO i bought and not from the bitcoin i used for the purchase... Meaning I have 1,998 NEO. But NEO is not divisible, so i can't do anything with it. Is there a way to make it to an entire number? or what can i do with a fraction of an undivisable thing?

I might use some help here...

I bought 2 NEO (yes, laughable), but the fees got taken from the NEO i bought and not from the bitcoin i used for the purchase... Meaning I have 1,998 NEO. But NEO is not divisible, so i can't do anything with it. Is there a way to make it to an entire number? or what can i do with a fraction of an undivisable thing?

Just buy a little bit extra to make it up and make sure its a tad over to cover withdrawal fees to transfer it to your wallet. I think you can only send full Neo's to your wallet if I'm not mistaken.

Just buy a little bit extra to make it up and make sure its a tad over to cover withdrawal fees to transfer it to your wallet. I think you can only send full Neo's to your wallet if I'm not mistaken.
NEO has no withdrawal fees. But I seem to have missed some point in the fact NEO wasn't divisible. Wehn you buy some, they take their 0,1% from the currency you buy, even if it's not divisible, leaving you with a useless fraction of a coin.

So I would have to buy 1,002 NEO to make it even, but would have to add 0,1%.
If I'm not mistaken 0,1% of 1,002 is 0,001002

So I would need to buy 1,002 + 0,001002 = 1,003002 NEO

I'll have to try it out to see if it's possible. But can you buy a fraction of a undivisible coin?

Uff... anyway, for the fellow noob sherdoggers like me, be careful when buying NEO

NEO has no withdrawal fees. But I seem to have missed some point in the fact NEO wasn't divisible. Wehn you buy some, they take their 0,1% from the currency you buy, even if it's not divisible, leaving you with a useless fraction of a coin.

So I would have to buy 1,002 NEO to make it even, but would have to add 0,1%.
If I'm not mistaken 0,1% of 1,002 is 0,001002

So I would need to buy 1,002 + 0,001002 = 1,003002 NEO

I'll have to try it out to see if it's possible. But can you buy a fraction of a undivisible coin?

Uff... anyway, for the fellow noob sherdoggers like me, be careful when buying NEO

Yeah you can buy a fraction of NEO and you can sell fractions as well.

Binance took the fee from my NEO so I sussed this out myself a bit over a month ago. Can only send whole neo though. Don't ask me how it all works...

From VEN's rebranding event held on the 26th.

TL;DR:
  • Officially announced a partnership with BMW Group
  • Officially announced a partnership with the Mathematical Institute at University of Oxford
  • Officially announced the first ICO with BitOcean ATM Exchanges
  • Officially working on a Carbon Bank solution to improve carbon reduction alongside DNV GL, Universities, and Governments
  • DNV GL’s CEO of Business Assurance to announce a food sourcing solution next week at conference in Tokyo
  • Introduced three DApps - VeVID, VeVOT, VeSCC
  • 80+ employees over four locations and growing: Shanghai, Singapore, Paris, Tokyo
  • New website www.vechain.org
Full event video:

Timecodes:

• 09:43 - 11:08 - VeChain Thor Intro video.
  • 11:43 - 13:29 - History of VeChain and the rebranding process
  • 13:30 - 14:13 - Community related growth
  • 14:14 - 16:48 - Blockchain history
  • 16:48 - 17:20 - Core beliefs of VeChain
  • 17:35 - 25:45 - Governance model & Economic model
  • 25:04 - 25:45 - VeVID VeVOT VeSCC
  • 25:45 - 26:19 - Bitocean ICO
  • 26:20 - 27:44 - Carbon Bank alongside DNV GL, Tsinghua University, and government agencies
  • 27:45 - 28:52 - Introducing Oxford Mathematical Institute as a partner
  • 28:53 - 34:37 - DNV GL Business Assurance, CEO Luca Crisciotti
  • 34:38 - 36:30 - Elton Huang, leading partner of PwC and the uplifting of the THOR hammer. New website vechain.org.
  • 36:31 - 37:25 - BMW Group announcement + End *
Today, VeChain Foundation hosted the rebrand event showcasing the consortium chain VeChain to the public blockchain VeChainThor. This event was an invite-only occasion for media and partners with a live stream to YouTube. During the event, Sunny Lu and Luca Crisciotti of DNV GL talked about the past, present, and future of VeChain.

Sunny clarified that VeChain's uniqueness is not only technical but also its understanding of ecosystems. He pointed to the governance and economic models as examples. This sentiment was echoed by Luca as he assured everyone that after meeting with countless blockchain solution representatives he chose VeChain as the partner for DNV GL because of their understanding and dedication to the customer.

This mindset has lead to over 180 opportunities for VeChain in 2018. Many of these opportunities are left unannounced, but in the course of the event, VeChain announced several new partners and opportunities including the University of Oxford Mathematical Institute, Carbon Bank solutions, BitOcean ICO, food sourcing, and BMW Group.

Also in this event, Sunny Lu showcased three decentralized applications (DApps) that are being built to cater towards the mainnet launch. Those DApps include:

• VeVID - KYC and digital ID maintenance solution that can be native to all VeChain applications or partners. You can read the official announcement here.

• VeVOT - A voting service that will be initially used by the VeChain governance model. This solution will be available for other general voting events to be logged on the blockchain such as government voting and board votes. Voting results will be audited by independent partners and certified on the blockchain.

• VeSCC - Smart contracts on the VeChainThor mainnet can be categorized into certified and uncertified, which can be checked in the explorer. The certification of smart contracts covers various aspects including the identity of the owner, the legality of the purpose, and the security of the source code.
At the event, the carbon bank solution was made public to raise awareness that VeChain is building solutions alongside DNV GL that will monitor, analyze, and reduce the carbon footprint. This solution is being used and researched by universities (Tsinghua University), businesses, and government bodies.

In this event Sunny Lu took the time to introduce the University of Oxford (Mathematical Institute) as a partner in the VeChain ecosystem and will be working on assuring the economic model is working as intended for VET holders, VeThor users, and new customers. It was also mentioned that Japanese FSA certified partner BitOcean would be the first ICO on VeChainThor.

Luca Crisciotti left with words of encouragement of VeChain “We are not talking about pilot projects, we are talking about solutions that are working for real cases.” Luca went on to say:“DNV GL is a company with over 150 years of history. And unfortunately, this is something we can not share, because you [VeChain] were only born a few months ago. But we do have something in common, and it's a bright future. So thank you Sunny for the partnership and this amazing event.”

From VEN's rebranding event held on the 26th.

TL;DR:
  • Officially announced a partnership with BMW Group
  • Officially announced a partnership with the Mathematical Institute at University of Oxford
  • Officially announced the first ICO with BitOcean ATM Exchanges
  • Officially working on a Carbon Bank solution to improve carbon reduction alongside DNV GL, Universities, and Governments
  • DNV GL’s CEO of Business Assurance to announce a food sourcing solution next week at conference in Tokyo
  • Introduced three DApps - VeVID, VeVOT, VeSCC
  • 80+ employees over four locations and growing: Shanghai, Singapore, Paris, Tokyo
  • New website www.vechain.org
Full event video:

Timecodes:

• 09:43 - 11:08 - VeChain Thor Intro video.
  • 11:43 - 13:29 - History of VeChain and the rebranding process
  • 13:30 - 14:13 - Community related growth
  • 14:14 - 16:48 - Blockchain history
  • 16:48 - 17:20 - Core beliefs of VeChain
  • 17:35 - 25:45 - Governance model & Economic model
  • 25:04 - 25:45 - VeVID VeVOT VeSCC
  • 25:45 - 26:19 - Bitocean ICO
  • 26:20 - 27:44 - Carbon Bank alongside DNV GL, Tsinghua University, and government agencies
  • 27:45 - 28:52 - Introducing Oxford Mathematical Institute as a partner
  • 28:53 - 34:37 - DNV GL Business Assurance, CEO Luca Crisciotti
  • 34:38 - 36:30 - Elton Huang, leading partner of PwC and the uplifting of the THOR hammer. New website vechain.org.
  • 36:31 - 37:25 - BMW Group announcement + End *
Today, VeChain Foundation hosted the rebrand event showcasing the consortium chain VeChain to the public blockchain VeChainThor. This event was an invite-only occasion for media and partners with a live stream to YouTube. During the event, Sunny Lu and Luca Crisciotti of DNV GL talked about the past, present, and future of VeChain.

Sunny clarified that VeChain's uniqueness is not only technical but also its understanding of ecosystems. He pointed to the governance and economic models as examples. This sentiment was echoed by Luca as he assured everyone that after meeting with countless blockchain solution representatives he chose VeChain as the partner for DNV GL because of their understanding and dedication to the customer.

This mindset has lead to over 180 opportunities for VeChain in 2018. Many of these opportunities are left unannounced, but in the course of the event, VeChain announced several new partners and opportunities including the University of Oxford Mathematical Institute, Carbon Bank solutions, BitOcean ICO, food sourcing, and BMW Group.

Also in this event, Sunny Lu showcased three decentralized applications (DApps) that are being built to cater towards the mainnet launch. Those DApps include:

• VeVID - KYC and digital ID maintenance solution that can be native to all VeChain applications or partners. You can read the official announcement here.

• VeVOT - A voting service that will be initially used by the VeChain governance model. This solution will be available for other general voting events to be logged on the blockchain such as government voting and board votes. Voting results will be audited by independent partners and certified on the blockchain.

• VeSCC - Smart contracts on the VeChainThor mainnet can be categorized into certified and uncertified, which can be checked in the explorer. The certification of smart contracts covers various aspects including the identity of the owner, the legality of the purpose, and the security of the source code.
At the event, the carbon bank solution was made public to raise awareness that VeChain is building solutions alongside DNV GL that will monitor, analyze, and reduce the carbon footprint. This solution is being used and researched by universities (Tsinghua University), businesses, and government bodies.

In this event Sunny Lu took the time to introduce the University of Oxford (Mathematical Institute) as a partner in the VeChain ecosystem and will be working on assuring the economic model is working as intended for VET holders, VeThor users, and new customers. It was also mentioned that Japanese FSA certified partner BitOcean would be the first ICO on VeChainThor.

Luca Crisciotti left with words of encouragement of VeChain “We are not talking about pilot projects, we are talking about solutions that are working for real cases.” Luca went on to say:“DNV GL is a company with over 150 years of history. And unfortunately, this is something we can not share, because you [VeChain] were only born a few months ago. But we do have something in common, and it's a bright future. So thank you Sunny for the partnership and this amazing event.”

I was reading this earlier today. Didn't seem to boost their coin value tremendously.

I was reading this earlier today. Didn't seem to boost their coin value tremendously.

Buy the rumor, sell the news. NEO's price dropped I think around 50% after their rebranding. None of this really matters come June when coins are locked into nodes.

Back