Bisping vs Whittaker, Mousasi vs Romero

I'm not sure how much Romero and his team's version can be trusted but they claim it was confirmed that the supplement did not have the banned substance listed on the label.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/8/10...ement-led-to-yoel-romero-failed-drug-test-mma

Although I'd assume at minimum they'd have to prove it is on the shelves like that and it wasn't just his bottle. And of course word could get around what small company intentionally mislabeled a product and athletes still know. So it may be complicated.

The athlete is still ultimately responsible for anything he puts in his body but if the product really was mislabeled I'd think that would be mitigating circumstances where they could go easy on him as far as his punishment if they believe him.
Tainted supplement only holds weight if it was a USADA recommended supplement (they give you a list and a phone app that tells you what supplements to buy). They even tell you aim for GMP/NSF certified supplements if it's not on there list (GMP/NSF are the real deal).

If you ignore there list and choose to play the lottery with some fly by the night supplement company then you are still 100% responsible (pretty funny that Romero whose a pro athlete of almost 20 years is trying to play dumb).

They will at best cut 25% of his sentence (you can't claim ignorance or supplement lottery as a valid excuse, USADA doesn't play like that and they shouldn't, these are professional athletes )

Tainted supplement only holds weight if it was a USADA recommended supplement (they give you a list and a phone app that tells you what supplements to buy). They even tell you aim for GMP/NSF certified supplements if it's not on there list (GMP/NSF are the real deal).

If you ignore there list and choose to play the lottery with some fly by the night supplement company then you are still 100% responsible (pretty funny that Romero whose a pro athlete of almost 20 years is trying to play dumb).

They will at best cut 25% of his sentence (you can't claim ignorance or supplement lottery as a valid excuse, USADA doesn't play like that and they shouldn't, these are professional athletes )
So he's still going to be looking at the bulk of the suspension either way? That's rough. That would be pretty bad luck if somehow it was completely accidental due to the label.

But I get why since there are a lot of ways to make something appear accidental. Hell, someone could pay or finance a small company to do it and supply everyone.

That would be pretty bad luck if somehow it was completely accidental due to the label.
He will serve most because

1. They supply a list (along with certifications to look for on labels)
2. Pro athletes know that non tier 1 brands have the potential of being tainted (especially Romero, he's been taking drug test for two decades )
3. Supplements are not required for sports and are unregulated (you assume all risk when taking them).

I like the Bisping Whittaker match up. Fireworks for sure

Back