bisping vs silva

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mmakevin, Dec 18, 2012.

1. mmakevin

mmakevin White Belt

anyone interested id rather see this then silva vs weidman

2. MG1215**

MG1215** Banned Banned

No i would rather see silva weidman because it would be more competitive.

But bisping will lose to vitor anyway. If somehow he won i would be okay with him getting the title shot.

3. SamuraiWolf

SamuraiWolf Brown Belt

In all honesty I think Silva wins this and he wins it rather easily not only against Bisping but anyone else in the MW division nonetheless. Then the typical arguments will happen. Some will say his dominance is purely because the division isn't that strong and others will say he is just so damn good that it doesn't matter who you put in the cage with him. I say give Silva Bisping, give him Stann, Give him Lombard. It doesn't matter I just enjoy watching the guy fight the outcome never gets old to me. In my opinion he really is just that good.

4. TH1RTE3N

TH1RTE3N Black Belt

I really doubt we'll see Bisping/Silva. If Bisping wins I'm starting to get the feeling it'll be so unimpressive Dana will look else where.

5. MusaGhadhanfar

MusaGhadhanfar White Belt

I'm interested to watch it but think andy takes it pretty easily, I think weidman has a good chance and taking the crown, تحيات موسى الحارثي ;)

6. Frank Mir Cat

Frank Mir Cat Yellow Belt

I like Bisping's chances more than most. He's not going to load up and look for the one shot kill. He's not going to get overagressive or careless. I think he's going to try and turn it into a kickboxing sparring match, play it real safe, and try to win on points.

Bisping is legit, yeah he got caught by Dan Henderson after talking a bunch of trash, but that'll be four years ago by the time he fights Anderson. In my book he lost a close decision to Chael since then, and thats it. He fought Chael a lot tougher than Anderson did the first time around.

7. Frank Mir Cat

Weidman gets knocked out in the first round by Anderson, he's dangerous enough that Silva won't toy with him, he'll just get straight to business.

8. Trollinator

Trollinator Green Belt

Give him Bisping and Weidman... Together.

9. icex48x

icex48x Brown Belt

Most likely if Weidman makes to it Silva, Silva will beat him down and then people will talk about Weidman like they do Dan Hardy....

10. wlu29

wlu29 Banned Banned

bisping has 7% chance

weidman probably has 37% chance

11. Tony_Clifton

Tony_Clifton Brown Belt

Silva crushes them both

12. TH1RTE3N

TH1RTE3N Black Belt

Wow, that's a new one...Bisping has a chance but Weidman doesn't...? Definitely a first.

13. Frank Mir Cat

Just feel like it's a different style matchup for Anderson, we've already seen him fight plenty of wrestlers.

14. Graniteeyed

Graniteeyed How is my avatar actually better than yours?

Ya think maybe discounting Hardy is a just a tad more viable given that had a ridiculously easy style for GSP to exploit whereas Weidman has almost every conceivable tool to beat Silva and more stylistic advantages/benefits than any opponent in Anderson's entire career? Or perhaps cause he's just a noticeably better fighter overall? It takes a rare combination of blind fanboyism, denial, and derpitude to lump Weidman in with every other challenger or even pidgeonhole him as just another wrestler. So let's not listen to any of those people, deal?

15. KOREANZOMBIE420

KOREANZOMBIE420 Green Belt

not a big fan of bisping but yeh i agree. weidman is getting way too much hype for his resume. his last win was fukin mark munoz are you kidding me and this guy is suppose to be the next big threat to the spider? give me a fukin break. obviously in the end of the day spider would destroy both.

16. BROWNPRIDE

BROWNPRIDE Red Belt

any mw against silva will lose so dont matter either way

17. generalyum

generalyum Green Belt

I love watching beatdowns and displays of devastating combos so sure.

18. mmakevin

mmakevin White Belt

I think busping destroys weidman

19. garwoc

garwoc Brown Belt

Rather see him fight Bisping especially if he gets past Vitor, hed be harder for haters to discredit afterwards.

20. RankingMMA

RankingMMA Green Belt

Weidman is definitely one of the top contenders in the division, but I think people are getting way ahead of themselves here. Did you see Weidman's striking against Sakara and Maia? His punches were as slow as Forrest Griffin's...and yes, I know Weidman took both those fights on short notice, but he hasn't really looked all that explosive in his other fights either. The Munoz fight was the first true glimpse of Weidman's capabilities, but that was one fight. What makes people think that Weidman can do that to Anderson F'n Silva? Weidman may have the skills to give Silva a fight, but let's at least have him face one more contender first. Anderson does not have many fights left in his career.

I say book Weidman vs. Lombard, and the winner gets the title shot.