bisping vs silva

Weidman is definitely one of the top contenders in the division, but I think people are getting way ahead of themselves here. Did you see Weidman's striking against Sakara and Maia? His punches were as slow as Forrest Griffin's...and yes, I know Weidman took both those fights on short notice, but he hasn't really looked all that explosive in his other fights either. The Munoz fight was the first true glimpse of Weidman's capabilities, but that was one fight. What makes people think that Weidman can do that to Anderson F'n Silva? Weidman may have the skills to give Silva a fight, but let's at least have him face one more contender first. Anderson does not have many fights left in his career.

I say book Weidman vs. Lombard, and the winner gets the title shot.

It's one of those reactive things. Weidman KO'd Munoz in a devastating fashion but MMA is one of those sports where a fighter can be at the same level for years, yet look good v certain opponents and seemingly look like they have lost a step v others. I think Weidmans a good fighter but there is alot of over zealous hype surrounding him. If he was to fight Bisping, Vitor or even Belcher next I feel that even though he might win, alot of the over zealous hype might die down.

Silva probably fights both Weidman and Bisping and I think both fights will end in Silva winning via tko no later than the 3rd round (Bisping may last a little longer not because he is better but because there is a chance he fights extremely cautious and dances around Silva without engaging for long periods)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back