Bisping v Belfort - Alternative outcome

karatefish

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've read it and heard it 1000 times and it seems everyone and their dog thinks that the outcome on Saturday night will be this:

Belfort via 1st round (T)KO
-or-
Bisping via UD

Clearly Belfort likes to rush his opponents and blitz them with strikes early on and Bisping has excellent cardio and sets a frenetic pace which wears down opponents.
I think Bisping has a real chance of slowing Belfort down and putting him on his back , where it must be said he is no slouch, but I'm hoping for a 3rd/4th round finish and a big statement from Bisping before he gets a title fight with Silva which will be a massive step-up.

But does anyone see it going any other way?

10 points for serious replies.
20 points for not mentioning the words: Brit, Hendo, Trash talk

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Belfort will sub him, seems Brazilians like to get a sub in their own country and he has legit BJJ, nearly tapped JJ.

A TKO over a gassed out Belfort is a possibility. I still think an UD is the most likely way for Bisping to win. He just needs to survive the first two rounds and the fight is his.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Belfort will sub him, seems Brazilians like to get a sub in their own country and he has legit BJJ, nearly tapped JJ.

That armbar was nasty. JJ did leave it hanging in there for a while though.

The problem for me is that Bisping is very hittable.

He seems to get caught by a big punch in every fight, and I can see it happening again.

If that big punch happens in the 3rd round onwards, it may be lacking the required power to put Bisping away.

If that shot lands in the 1st or 2nd round Bisping could be in a lot of trouble.

If Bisping could get Vitor down and work him like Cain/JDS 2, then hopefully Bisping can suck the life right out of him and have an 'easy' night via better cardio and picking Vitor apart.

If he can't get him down, my advice to Bisping will be to run around the cage avoiding any sort of strikes for the 1st and 2nd rounds, and to then start engaging more in the 3rd round onwards.

What I'm basically trying to say is this - Bisping FTW! :)

The problem for me is that Bisping is very hittable.

He seems to get caught by a big punch in every fight, and I can see it happening again.

If that big punch happens in the 3rd round onwards, it may be lacking the required power to put Bisping away.

If that shot lands in the 1st or 2nd round Bisping could be in a lot of trouble.

If Bisping could get Vitor down and work him like Cain/JDS 2, then hopefully Bisping can suck the life right out of him and have an 'easy' night via better cardio and picking Vitor apart.

If he can't get him down, my advice to Bisping will be to run around the cage avoiding any sort of strikes for the 1st and 2nd rounds, and to then start engaging more in the 3rd round onwards.

What I'm basically trying to say is this - Bisping FTW! :)

So what you're saying is he should do this:

~Hopefully Bisping runs away with it after the 1st

Draw. Weidman is #1, anderson is sitting out all year, so weidman takes a gimme fight against someone and loses. theres no no1 contender, MW closes for good and anderson has to move to LHW and fight bones or WW to fight GSP

i think theres a tremendous chance of this happening

Hopefully Bisping's head is removed by Vitor's hand and we never have to see him again.

Vitor pulls guard and chokes out that trash talking brit. And then Hendo comes in and power bombs Bisping's face while he is passed out

edit: damn you JimmyTheHand

Bisping puts KO on Belfort in first minute.....now thats some science-fiction right there:p

Sorry but Bisping doesnt finish top 10 guys

Every one keeps saying Belfort will come out and try to blitz him early but i think there's just as much chance that Belfort comes out and doesn't thrown a punch for the first 2 minutes.

I think Bisping takes a UD, maybe finishes in the later rounds.

If Bisping wins a boring decision, will he still get to fight Silva? I'm not so sure.

Draw. Weidman is #1, anderson is sitting out all year, so weidman takes a gimme fight against someone and loses. theres no no1 contender, MW closes for good and anderson has to move to LHW and fight bones or WW to fight GSP

i think theres a tremendous chance of this happening

You're overthinking it

Back