Bisping v Belfort - Alternative outcome

I think its Vitor's fight to lose. Brian Stann landed on him late in the 1st and rocked him bad. If he gets rocked like that against Vitor I think Vitor will finish.

What Bisping has on his side is Belfort is a head case. If he can survive rd 1 Vitor will just stand there like he's confused like he did against Jones and Sakuraba.

i think bisping's main problem is he just lacks explosiveness . he punching power isn't great , he hand speed is average . its like bisping is a boxer ,but lacks ko power and doesn't have great standup defense. i just dont understand what bisping trains during his camps.

I think its Vitor's fight to lose. Brian Stann landed on him late in the 1st and rocked him bad. If he gets rocked like that against Vitor I think Vitor will finish.

What Bisping has on his side is Belfort is a head case. If he can survive rd 1 Vitor will just stand there like he's confused like he did against Jones and Sakuraba.

We clearly have different definitions of "rocked badly." Stann definitely landed a solid shot that backed Bisping up, but he was still clear headed and didn't lose his legs. An example of being rocked badly would be Maynard-Edgar II.

At this point, Vitor's power and striking in general is one of the most overrated things on this forum, and I don't see him doing any better in this fight than Stann did.

Tired Belfort flopping to guard in the later rounds, frustrated Bisping knees/stomps him on the ground, Vitor can't continue, fight is a DQ win for Belfort or a NC, riot ensues, UFC leaves Brazil for a while.

The fight goes 1 of 2 ways. Belfort will win early by KO or Bisping will win ugly by decision. Bisping is the classic very good fighter that falls short of great by the way he wins and his failures against the elite. Mike beats other fighters that fall into the very good category like Stann but it is ugly and never in dominant fashion. Belfort has the tools to beat anyone but often chokes in big fights and lets opportunities slip away from him. I like Belfort in this one by KO but could easily see Bisping drag this out into a god awful ugly 3 round decision

is it a 5 round fight?

i just think belfort is going to make a statement - bisping is a point fighter who really is not in the top 5 - may not be in the top 10 as far as skill and talent. he's been given many opportunities and just came seem to push into that category - despite all the media hype. MAYHEM - fight was brutal.

We clearly have different definitions of "rocked badly." Stann definitely landed a solid shot that backed Bisping up, but he was still clear headed and didn't lose his legs. An example of being rocked badly would be Maynard-Edgar II.

At this point, Vitor's power and striking in general is one of the most overrated things on this forum, and I don't see him doing any better in this fight than Stann did.

I'm pretty sure Bisping did a little stanky leg after the punch.

If Edgar vs Maynard is badly rocked there must not be too many fights you think people get badly rocked in. That was more like a slaughter which could have been stopped. See, I can argue semantics too.

Vitor's speed and power is overrated? I didn't know being able to KO anyone in his division was overrated. Has anyone KO'd Akiyama? Does anyone in the MW division have better hand speed?

I think your on Bispings nuts a little too much.

Belfort's striking is soooo much better that I think he could outstrike him all the way to the 5th round. I don't see a way for Mike to win this, because Belfort's wrestling is also okay

Realistically it not very likely Bisping will finish Vitor.

I see Vitor winning by stoppage in the first, or by UD.

For Bisping i only see him getting the UD, if he were to win.

Bisping could get a finish if he really puts it on Belfort. Belfort is notorious for fading and breaking mentally if he is losing a fight. But is Bisping capable of doing that to him? A little doubtful.

Belfort's striking is soooo much better that I think he could outstrike him all the way to the 5th round. I don't see a way for Mike to win this, because Belfort's wrestling is also okay

Define striking. Is his power that much better? For sure. Hand speed? Yeah, but not by as much. Technical striking? Abso-fucking-lutely not. Bisping is a dirty limey **** but he's got very solid fundamentals, although his defense is somewhat lacking. Vitor is not a technical striker.

Has anyone KO'd Akiyama?

Last edited:
Back