• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bisping is a cultural lesson in the British

It's so funny for me to see Bisping at press conferences. I'm a US and UK passport holder and other than the chick in Frasier, all America sees of Britain is this posh version of the country that hasn't existed for decades, usually centuries. Americans think Britain is all Downton Abbey and cockney Charles Dickens, but Bisping occupies such a rare position in America as the usual kind of guy you'll meet on a night out up north. It's so funny hearing him argue with Georges Saint Pierre cause it's exatlly the way so many of my friends would argue in a pub fight.

A little off the subject, but I just watched Green Street Hooligans I guessing that's the kind of attitude you're referring to.

MV5BMjExNTg3NzYwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcxMTEzMQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

He has softened his accent a little but it hasn't changed much. If he spoke how he does at home you wouldn't be able to understand a word he says. This is how people speak near where Lisping is from- they're speaking English here and I bet half of you can't understand what they're saying!

Nawthen Basteds

Gimme a break TS. It's the internet era. Americans are well aware that there's a great deal of scumbaggery that's inherent in British society.

It seems to work that way across all kinds of cultural/national/ethnic boundaries in my experience. Damned popular culture.

It's true. I've been to England, the majority of the people there are cockney innit.

Much like their cuisine, he's rather a bland fighter also.

Bisping is proof that my country has indeed experienced a cultural catastrophe.

Very true. I think he confuses a lot of Americans, especially those who have never set foot outside of America and only ever experience American culture.

Anyone remember the Manchester united hooligans in the first green street movie? That's what Mikey reminds me off

It's so funny for me to see Bisping at press conferences. I'm a US and UK passport holder and other than the chick in Frasier, all America sees of Britain is this posh version of the country that hasn't existed for decades, usually centuries. Americans think Britain is all Downton Abbey and cockney Charles Dickens, but Bisping occupies such a rare position in America as the usual kind of guy you'll meet on a night out up north. It's so funny hearing him argue with Georges Saint Pierre cause it's exatlly the way so many of my friends would argue in a pub fight.

Yeah Americans all still have that view. Who could forget when 10,000 Hugh Grants all followed Ricky Hatton to Vegas for the Mayweather fight? All sitting around the strip reading Great Expectations and drinking tea.

Bisping won me over with that Rockhold post presser, that was hilarious.

Typical dry English humour, best in the world.
His response to el cucuy after Henderson fight was amazing

Bisping's a cunt. that whole island is the biggest concentration of cunts on the planet

Would you allow me to expand on this? the whole world is the biggest concentration of cunts on the planet.

Back