Bisping: "I'm happy to welcome 'petulant child' Diaz to middleweight"

I dont see Diaz winning this at all. look at the Condit fight. Condit used that strategy for one fight and Diaz had nothing.

Thats Bispings game, if Condit can switch it up for one fight and cause Diaz fits, then whats going to happen when he faces someone who uses it all the time.

then there is wrestling, lets be honest here, wrestlers have been a major problem for Diaz and in Bisping he is facing someone who reversed sonnen against the cage and held him there and cause Rashad problesm at 205.

Plus Diaz's cardio advantage he usually has is cut down in this fight by a massive margin.

Bisping is forgotten
He is just trying to stay relevant now

We all know he was never ever gonna be a champ, not even in line for a title

Huge difference in Bisping's movement and Condits speed.

Its pretty surprising the amount of people who are sleeping on Diaz in this, i think he out toughs him to get the TKO, or are we just ignoring the people who have been bogged down in body shots and unable to move by r2/3?

Only because you haven't read more railcorp/borcat posts. :icon_lol:

QFT.

Cool fight, I don't think either guy has it in him to stop the other man with strikes in a three rounder, so I'll take Bisping UD via technical (but not too damaging) striking and wrestling control.

I'd love to be wrong, either guy TKOing the other would be absolute magic, the Sherdog response and butthurt would be incredible.

Most people could actually root for Diaz in this fight.

Ha! Slap TKO is great.

Interesting matchup. Would Bisping actually be the good guy for once? Can't decide if this fight is win/win because someone is going to lose, or lose/lose because someone is going to win.

Win/win. It's important to think positively.

Bad match up for Diaz. Bisping won't be able to so much as wobble him, but it won't matter. Bisping has a good size advantage and good boxing. He will hit Diaz enough and Diaz will almost surely start bleeding early. The fight will end with the doctor stopping it and Diaz flipping off the cameras.

Agree with this. I think a lot of people will be surprised at how much of a size advantage Bisping would have over Diaz. Of course Bisping likes this fight. He's a LHW cutting to MW and Diaz is a WW moving up to MW. Bisping can't beat the top MW's so a fight with a name fighter like Diaz from a lighter division is great for him.

Surprised at so many people saying they'd root for Bisping. Diaz is a fighter; Bisping is a runner. Watch how Diaz handles an iron-fisted guy like Paul Daley, no fear, compared to Bisping running for his life against Hendo and Chris Leben. Bisping would win via point fighting tactics, but he wishes he fought like Diaz. He talks the game like Diaz, but he doesn't go in there and fight like it.

I think that the first round will be the most competetive one.
But as we saw at UFC 158 against GSP when you keep it standing with Diaz, he will find his range eventually and once he gets going and gets into his rhytm he takes over (too bad he didn't press the action more when he gained a bit of momentum against GSP).

Bisping has very good cardio and could easily stick and move if he has to, but he doesn't have the power and unpredictabillity of Carlos Condit where Diaz was wary of in the beginning.

So I think that Diaz will get his momentum in the last 2 minutes of the first round with peppering shots.
And I think that Diaz will win the second round clearly and the third round although closer, still going to Diaz

Both are also active from the clinch and I'll be curious to see if Nick can make Bisiping fight at a harder pace than he usually does.

I'll watch any fight the Diaz brothers are in. They're slow but always entertaining and tougher than hell.

Back