Billy Bob Thornton's best flick?

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would say Bad Santa (sequel was garbage).

And, Slingblade?

Played ridiculously well.

He played a role in Fargo, can't remember if that was the series or film, and I know he's in a bunch more roles, just no idea what's good and what's not.

So, 'Berry - any Billy Bob fans here?

Recommended watching?

Gotta be Slingblade

A Simple Plan is one film that doesn't get enough love and is well worth checking out (Stars Bill Paxton too)

Slingblade and it's not close.

But he's excellent in everything. Great actor.

His show Goliath on Amazon prime has been on my watch list forever but I still have yet to start it.

My ranking of the best films starring him.

1. Sling blade
2. Monster's Ball
3. Bad santa
4. A simple plan
5. Chrystal

Now if you count movies where he played a supporting role

1. Tombstone
2. Love actually

Last edited:
Fargo he was cool, but he was kinda like casting a rockstar in a cable tv show. He basically just goes around being a hadas sbecause he the rockstar. The part where he kills a whole crime family was a pretty disappointing scene TBH

Billy Bob's best performance, by far

I really want to vote for season 1 of Fargo.

Slingblade is the only answer

Am I the only one who liked Homegrown?

I'm inclined to say Bad Santa... which is probably my favorite Christmas movie, but the only other movie I've seen with him is Mr. Woodcock so I don't have much to judge from.

People don't like Pushing Tin, but I do. Cate Blanchett and Angelina were hot in it, I like John Cusack, and Billy was cool.

Yeah Slingblade is hard to top

Watched A Simple Plan a few weeks ago. Very underrated film and performance from Billy Bob. Bill Paxton, too

I'm inclined to say Bad Santa... which is probably my favorite Christmas movie, but the only other movie I've seen with him is Mr. Woodcock so I don't have much to judge from.
Even his bad movies are better than some peoples good movies imo.

Back