Biggest robbery in UFC history? Shogun had 80 str to Machidas 35 yet lost by UD

Machida did nothing in 2 rounds vs Page. He absolutely did not deserve to win that fight.

He was robbed vs Davis though.

He did as much or more than Rampage did. Anyone with a modicum of objectivity could see that.

He did as much or more than Rampage did. Anyone with a modicum of objectivity could see that.

In the first two rounds, he absolutely did not.

He refused to engage and did nothing substantial to counter either.

And round 3 was in no universe a 10-8 based on that one flurry he landed.

In the first two rounds, he absolutely did not.

He refused to engage and did nothing substantial to counter either.

And round 3 was in no universe a 10-8 based on that one flurry he landed.
Agreed. Rampage did a little bit more in each of the first 2 rounds. It was very obvious.

But people were so upset that Rampage won after watching the 3rd round that they needed to blame someone. Blame the 10 point must system.

If Jacare had done something - anything - to Romero at the end of round 2 to win that round, it would have been similar to this fight. If he had, he would have won that fight 29-28 after taking a severe beating in the one round he lost. Another similar one is GSP v BJ I.

I had money on Shogun... thus I do remember. I also lost while betting on Machida to win vs Quinton, another robbery.

Legend? He's easily one of the weakest champions ever with arguably no defenses of his title. He's terrible.
You must be new at this. Lyoto seemed invicible for a while and no one could figure him out. He only had one weakness mid-way in his career; a bad jaw. When he grew a bit older, he lost a fraction of his speed which was essential to his style. You seem way too focus on that last segment of his career...

Is there something in the UFC scoring system that makes Machida win that one by UD? I don't get it.

http://www.ufcstats.com/event-details/7c0847d3854a95f2

Why didn't people cry foul over corruption like they do when stuff like this happens in boxing?

To be fair, it was a big deal. I had “Shogun was robbed” as my signature until he won the rematch. Then I changed it to “Justice served.”

Uh people where going apeshit over that fight for weeks...

Some great memes came from that fight as well. One was the Hitler reaction video, and the other was the Super Mario Bros inspired “Sorry Mauricio, but our belt is in another castle” image.

1. A ton of people called it a robbery. It was one of the worst, longest protracted fights on this site in my time here.
2. It wasn't corruption, it was shitty judging. Shitty judges were very common back then.
Back then? Adelaide Byrd is still lurking somewhere to drop a bad decision. It doesnt help that most if not all judges
never competed in the sport they judge.

Shogun vs Machida is one of the fights that Rogan influenced a lot of viewers. Shogun was landing a lot of leg kicks but Machida was responding with head strikes. Rogan made it very clear that everyone should value the leg strikes over punches but I guess the judges weren't listening. I still think Shogun won as he was visibly doing more damage but I can understand how a judge that always values headstrikes over legkicks would come to the conclusion of a close Machida victory.

Even rampage thought so, he looked surprised as hell at the decision. He was looking around confused like "What?" "Me?" LOL
rampage-jackson.gif

Back